PhotoImpact 12 won't start

Postby lrxevan on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:28 pm

I installed the demo from the website, but double-click Iedit.exe or any shortcuts leading to it produces the same result: nothing. Literally, nothing happens.

I'm using Vista. I tried installing the "Vista patch" but it says I do not have PhotoImpact 12 installed which leads me to believe that the patch doesn't function for demo versions. Unfortunately I won't be making a purchase unless I'm sure it functions correctly.

Any advice?
lrxevan

Postby Ron P. on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:41 pm

Welcome to the forums,

You are correct, that patches will not install on TBYB (trial, demo) versions. It does state that on the updates pages.

Next PI-12 was developed before Vista, hence the Vista Patch. So apparently they have not done, and probably will not do any modifications to the TBYB to accommodate Vista. They are currently working on PI-13.

There are those that have managed to get the TBYB installed on Vista, and have posted the method. Try doing a search using PI-12 Vista, and you should locate several possibilities. I don't use Vista, so I'm not sure what may or may not work.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby lrxevan on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:41 am

vidoman wrote:Welcome to the forums,

You are correct, that patches will not install on TBYB (trial, demo) versions. It does state that on the updates pages.

Next PI-12 was developed before Vista, hence the Vista Patch. So apparently they have not done, and probably will not do any modifications to the TBYB to accommodate Vista. They are currently working on PI-13.

There are those that have managed to get the TBYB installed on Vista, and have posted the method. Try doing a search using PI-12 Vista, and you should locate several possibilities. I don't use Vista, so I'm not sure what may or may not work.

I have already tried forum searches. Most of the suggestions involve Vista's built-in compatibility modes which are not really addressing the issue, which is that Iedit.exe will not start at all.

I will wait for PI-13's demo, I guess.
lrxevan

Postby dagon on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:24 pm

i am having the same problem, only i am on windows xp pro. i had it installed with no problems on the same system previously, (but after a fiasco dual booting linux) i had to reformat and reinstall everything. now, i can start iedit, but when it gets to initializing main program it gets hung up and then just dies. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times using various methods with no luck at all. i love PI12 but think i may have to just use PS CS2, as i cannot get this to work AT ALL.
if anyone can help with this issue, i would great,y appreciate it.
note: i have tried both a quick reinstall, and a full clean reinstall, both to no avail. :?: :?:
dagon

Postby Ron P. on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Dragon,

i am having the same problem

Are you also trying to use the TBYB (trial) version, or Full, registered version? If it is the latter did you make a back-up copy on CD? If it is the purchased version, is it a download (ESD) or boxed? If it is the ESD, then you could try contacting Ulead (Corel) or Element5 to see if you can get fresh download links. Explain that apparently your install files are corrupt.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby dagon on Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:00 pm

it's actually the TBYB version. i had just started to get into using it b4 my linux fiasco. i have PI11, ESD, but have the same problem with that. i want to buy PI12, but if i can't get either of them to work, I'll just have to stick to PSCS2. i really wish i could get this to work.
dagon

Return to PhotoImpact