NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

how to rotate video clip in Photo Explorer 8.5

how to rotate video clip in Photo Explorer 8.5

Postby caronf » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:43 am

How do you rotate a video clip in Photo Explorer?
I shot the clip slideways and now I would like to rotate it for proper viewing on the computer and TV
thanks
caronf

Postby Ron P. » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:19 am

That's not possible with PhotoExplorer. You will need a video editing program. PhotoExplorer is primarily a browser for images.

You can download the TBYB (trial) version of Corel's latest video editing application VideoStudio 11, or google for one.

Have you any experience with editing video? It is very different to editing photos. Comparing what you need to accomplish with photos, you are working with 1 whole frame. With a photo you select to rotate it 90 degs, bam, it's done. With video you are dealing with the likes of 25 photos (PAL) or 29.97 photos (NTSC), which are interlaced (half of the photo), per second of video. So to rotate a 5 minute video you are dealing with 5 minutes X 25fps = 7,500 photos (PAL) or 8,991 photos (NTSC). The program will need to render (create a new video file) this change.

While PhotoExplorer is capable of cutting/trimming and then burning, it is not capable of performing complicated editing processes.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB