NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Photo explorer 7se

Photo explorer 7se

Postby matterof8th » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:59 am

Hey all

I'm trying to reinstall the software for my microscope camera, photo explorer 7 SE. I cant find the serial number, and if there was any resource to get a new one, whether it be someone in the company I could talk to, or perhaps someone has a copy and could spare the serial? sorry if this was innapropriate here, I mean I already bought the software, it seems like B.S to have to pay to be able to use it again.

anyways, thanks.
matterof8th

Postby Ron P. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:42 am

Welcome to the forums,

SE versions are Special Editions, are generally bundled with some type of hardware, and are considered free.

The manufacturer of your microscope camera, purchased numerous copies of Ulead's Photo Explorer, and tweaked it to work with the camera. It is then included with the camera. The cost may be part of that of the camera. So if you're out any money, it is for the camera, not the software.

It is prohibited to sell as a stand-alone product, any of their (Ulead's) SE. or VE versions.

With all that said, Ulead appears inconsistent in this area. Some require you to enter the serial number while installing. while others embed the serial number. If you do not have the correct serial number, the program does not complete the installation. Does your PI-7se allow you to install, but not use the program, until you have entered the serial number? I just tested this using one of their SE versions. It has the serial number embeded, and does not ask for it.

You can retrieve the serial number from the system registry. Start>Run> type in "regedit" (without the quotes). Then navigate in the left pane to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Explorer\7.0\Installer. In the Installer folder, look in the right pane for Serial Number.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Postby matterof8th » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:06 pm

Hey there

thanks for the response, you're right it did come bundled with the camera.

The software hasnt been installed on this computer before. It was on my laptop with XP, but my desktop has Vista. so...I dont think the serial number would be in the registry. secondly...I have no clue how to get to regedit in vista (which i'll go research now)
matterof8th

Postby matterof8th » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:17 pm

ok, checked out the registry, and no, since it's never been installed on this machine there is no entry for PE7.

I have the disc here, and I remember the sleeve it came in with the serial number on it, but I cant find that sleeve for the life of me.

any other help? this is really appreciated.
matterof8th

Postby Ron P. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:34 pm

You provided a bit of crucial information, that changes things. PE7 does not support Vista. For that matter, PE 8.6 will not work on Vista.

I don't have clue on how to navigate Vista period. However if you still have your PE7SE installed on your laptop, you can get the serial number from the registry there. BUT, it will not do you any good.. See first paragraph of this post. (Will not work on Vista).
Ron P.
Site Admin

Postby matterof8th » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:43 am

haha...thanks for the info man.

ok here is what i've done so far. I *ahem* got ahold of a serial number, used it, and the program is installed. It still wouldnt recognize the camera.

SO...I plugged the camera in, and when prompted for drivers pointed it to the driver folder on the CD. now I can see video/capture images...the only problem I have is that the preview window is really small, half as large as before, and I cant find a way to make it any bigger. It says I can still take a picture in 640Xwhatever but...i'd like a larger preview window.

can you offer any advice for that? (even though it's not supposed to work with vista? or was that just the 8.6 version)
matterof8th

Postby Ron P. » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:16 am

Good for you to get it working in Vista :!: :!: :)

I'd look in File>Preferences for the a setting like Full Screen.
Ron P.
Site Admin

Postby matterof8th » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:55 am

I've gone through every single preference/option/setting I can find, but nothing will give me a bigger preview window.

this part I just cant figure out.
matterof8th

Return to Photo Explorer