Cannot instal Photo Explorer 8.6 -part of trial version stil

Postby PM on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:58 am

Hi,
Can anybody help me with my problem or direct me to the right direction.

When try to load Explorer 8.6 (that came with Photo Impact 12)I get the following message;
Ulead Explorer set up
installer detected a version of photo explorer already installed in your system. Please uninstall that version first.
Ok

I uninstalled the trial version (it never work as it always turned on searched the photofiles and closed straight away) from a few months ago using Windows add/remove program, I searched the C & D drive for any other file and deleted, I them cleaned out the Recycle bin (I've done this about 10 times or more).
In the Add/Remove window there is a Ulead explorer 2.61mb but when I try to remove it, it starts up the Photo Explorer install window which gives me the same message ( installer detected a version of photo e.....)as when I try to install Photo Explorer.
I've tried everyway to delete it, to search (to no avail), to install photo explorer nothing works.
I contacted Ulead support in Australia but they only support software they pass on to the retailer not the downloads Software.

I requested help from Ulead Tech Support, either they are busy or don't care to answer (I think the latter).

How can I get around this catch 22.

Is there something in the registry that needs to be deleted if so, what is it and how do I do it (I'm not to competent in the inner workings of the computer.

Please help.
Regards,
PM
:?
PM

Postby htchien on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:32 am

Maybe you can check http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic. ... 5773#55773 to know how to manually remove Ulead products.

H.T.
Ted (H.T.)

The message is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights. For official tech support please contact Corel Tech Support.

My YouTube channel
htchien
Advisor

operating_system: Mac
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby PM on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:58 am

Hi HT,

Thank you.

I connected to the link you said, i did as they said and it worked.

Explorer 8.6 installed

But it does exactly as it did with the (downloaded) trial- it starts, a window comes up ' synchronizing album' gets to 100% in a second and it closes.

I started it a number of times (even from photo impact 12) but it always synchronizes and closes.

Any idea how I can fix the problem.

Thank you

Regards,
PM
PM

Postby htchien on Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:24 pm

To stop the album synchronizing, do the followings:

1. Select Start->Run in the Windows task bar.
2. Type RegEdit.exe in the Run box and press enter.
3. Find the entry My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ulead Systems\Ulead PhotoExplorer\8.6\ManageAlbumDialog in Registry Editor.
4. Double click on the AutoSync value and change it to 0.
5. Close Registry Editor.

Then start PhotoExplorer to see if it fixes.

If the trick does not work, try to rename the uvAVI.vio file which is located in [PhotoExplorer Install Path]\VIO folder to some other file name to see if it fixes the problem.

Hope this helps.

H.T.
Ted (H.T.)

The message is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights. For official tech support please contact Corel Tech Support.

My YouTube channel
htchien
Advisor

Postby PM on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:44 pm

Hi H.T.,

I tried what you said but the photo explorer 8.6 in the registry editor has no ManagerAlbumDialog only what is shown below:

Ulead Photo Explorer -8.6 ;
File Type ¡V (default) REG_SZ (value not set)
Audio ¡K..
Video¡K¡K
Preference (default) REG_SZ (value not set)
General
Cache (default) REG_SZ (value not set)
UseExiFThumbnail REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1) General (default) REG_SZ (value not set)
bBkgColor REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

ProductInfo (default) REG_SZ (value not set)
ProgramID REG_SZ 48

Renamed the uvAvi.vio in PhotoExplorer twice but the same thing happens (synchronizes and then switches off).

Also every time I log in I get a Ulead window opening up with the following file, its path is;
Program file\Common files\Ulead\Common\Bin\uAgentService.dll (properties-Version 1.0.1.3 & urgentservice Module).

Could this be causing the problem I¡¦m having?

Thank you very much for helping.

Regards,
PM
:?:
PM

Postby PM on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:17 am

Hi H.T.,
(this is the same as my previous reply I tried to clarify the regeditor info with - + ^ * etc. hope someone can help).

I tried what you said but the photo explorer 8.6 in the registry editor has no ManagerAlbumDialog only what is shown below:

Ulead Photo Explorer -8.6
+File Type ¡V (default) REG_SZ (value not set)
Audio ¡K..
Video¡K¡K
+Preference ^(default) REG_SZ (value not set)
^General
- Cache *(default) REG_SZ( value not set)
*UseExiFThumbnail REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
+General ^(default) * REG_SZ (value not set)
* bBkgColor REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

^ProductInfo *(default) REG_SZ (value not set)
* ProgramID REG_SZ 48

Renamed the uvAvi.vio in PhotoExplorer twice but the same thing happens (synchronizes and then switches off).

Also every time I log in I get a Ulead window opening up with the following file, its path is;
Program file\Common files\Ulead\Common\Bin\uAgentService.dll (properties-Version 1.0.1.3 & urgentservice Module).

Could this be causing the problem I¡¦m having?

Thank you very much for helping.

Regards,
PM
:?:
PM

Postby htchien on Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:29 am

Then it should be other problem.

And I don't think uAgentService.dll is the problem.

I cannot regenerate the problem in my side. Maybe you can contact Ulead Tech Support for help.

http://www.ulead.com/tech/techsupport.htm

H.T.
Ted (H.T.)

My YouTube channel
htchien
Advisor

Postby PM on Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:05 am

Thank you for all your help H.T.

I will contact the Ulead techs and hopefully I'll get a response (because it a download you need to see it to get a serial #, one needs a serial # to register and you need to register before the Techs Help [ that's prbably why they nsver answered before as I used the PhotoImpact 12 reg to ask about Photo Explorer], ) I'll try customer service also (again).

Thanks again to you and all the good people at this help sites.

Regards,
Prisco
PM

Postby SteveR1960 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:19 am

Any chance of posting the fix from Ulead? I have the same problem.
SteveR1960

when I get an answer

Postby PM on Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:16 am

Steve,

I will post the answer if (not when) I get an anwer from Ulead.
But I won't hold my breath.

I'll wait a few more days, if no answer I'll try and get a refund for the product and add a bit more and get the Adobe - Their service is great.

Regards,
PM
:x
PM

Postby htchien on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:18 pm

Try this: select Start->Run and then type the following command in the Run box:

regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\InterVideo Information Service\uAgentService.dll"

and then press Enter.

Also try to rename your My Documents folder to other folder name to see if the sync album issue is been fixed. To rename the My Documents folder, right clicks on the My Documents folder and select the Move button, and then choose (or create) a destination to move to.

After the My Documents folder is been changed, open PhotoExplorer to see if the issue is still existed.

Hope this helps.

H.T.
Ted (H.T.)

My YouTube channel
htchien
Advisor

Postby PM on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi H.T.,

I tried what you suggested-
the regsvr32 window said 'the loadlibrary "C:\Program ......" the specified module could not be found"

Thanks just the same.

PM
PM

Postby htchien on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:23 pm

Sorry, the command should be (if the dll file is still in the folder you described):

regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Program file\Common files\Ulead\Common\Bin\uAgentService.dll"

How about moving the My Documents folder?

H.T.
Ted (H.T.)

My YouTube channel
htchien
Advisor

Return to Photo Explorer