Long Delay Time in Loading Images and Staring PE 8.5

Postby Muligus on Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:25 pm

Can anyone clue me in on how to decrease the delay time to open up PE 8.5 which I just upgraded from version 7? I have a 3.4GHz Pentium4 with 2 GB of RAM and am opening up folders with about 100 jpg pix each of about 1.5 MB in size.

It takes about 20 to 30 seconds to start the program from when I first click on the icon. PE7 opened up in just a few seconds. What is the diff. I have gone to the preferences and set the location of the cache to be in the same folder as my photos are located in and that doesnt help.
8I take a lot of photos and I have 1000's of them. I suspect that PE8.5 is going through ALL my photos on both of my hard drives (perhaps in anticipation that I may want to view them at any time) each time I open up the program.

Can this be true. What do you think is causing the delay and how can I make it more efficient?
Muligus

Postby htchien on Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:17 pm

In my PhotoExplorer 8.5 it only takes about 8 seconds to open for the first time. Maybe you can try to uncheck the Save Thumbnail setting in the Preference->Cache because I always let it be unchecked.

H.T.
Ted (H.T.)

The message is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights. For official tech support please contact Corel Tech Support.

My YouTube channel
htchien
Advisor

operating_system: Mac
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Return to Photo Explorer