Corel PDF Fusion??

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Corel PDF Fusion??

Postby JustAnotherDude on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Sorry if this is off-topic here, but I can't find anyplace where questions about the product "PDF Fusion" seem appropriate.

Is there going to be an area set up for users to ask questions and/or discuss issues, techniques, etc., for Corel PDF Fusion?

I purchased the product on May 21st 2011, almost 2 weeks ago. So far it seems impossible to get any meaningful/helpful answers from Corel Support staff members. For example, the User Guide states that HTML is a supported input format for conversion to PDF. But I am unable to get any usable PDF document from even the most simple HTML pages. Images are not processed, and text fonts typeface and size and color are not recognized (I'm talking "standard" fonts like Arial, sans-serif, Times New Roman, Helvetica, Courier New, etc). When I ask Support what I may be doing wrong, the answers have included:

Reboot the computer.
Uninstall and re-install PDF Fusion.
Uninstall all other potentially conflicting software.
HTML is not a supported format.
Seek help in the User Forums.

This has been the most incredibly frustrating experience with tech support I have ever had!

Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
JustAnotherDude

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Pegatron Truckee
processor: Intel i7-920
ram: 9 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 7.5 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP-2159m (2)

Re: Corel PDF Fusion??

Postby teknisyan on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Hello JustAnotherDude,

I send you a private message, please provide information requested there, so I ca escalate your concern.
Like reading blogs?
About Tech
About Sports
Pnoy.Me - A URL Shortener
Follow me on Facebook & Twitter
teknisyan

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: Sony Corporation VAIO
processor: Intel Corel i5
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 GB

Postby fred88 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:27 pm

I also would like to know more about the program, however I think I will stay with what I currently use, Nitro Professional with OCR, The interface is a bit old compared to Fusion, but support is always quick and easy
fred88

Postby JustAnotherDude on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 am

Did you receive the reply mail I sent? I have not heard back anything yet.

Further testing with PDF Fusion reveals that:

1)
I can not open a text file for conversion -- have tried many different ones. I get an error message that says "No filter available for this file type"

2) If I open a "New" document, I can not copy from a text document and paste it into the New document in PDF Fusion.

So far, I am batting zero with PDF Fusion. Are there any examples of file it will work with? I purchased it because the sales person I spoke with said there would be NO DIFFICULTY converting text files or HTML files with PDF Fusion. The User Guide claims that TEXT and HTML formats ARE supported, but I can not get them to work at all.
JustAnotherDude

Postby JustAnotherDude on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 pm

I had heard that Corel Support was difficult to reach, but had no idea it was this bad.

I purchased Corel PDF Fusion on May 21st 2011, and have basically been unable to do anything useful with it. I can not convert a text file to PDF. I can not convert a HTML file to PDF. I can not get any font or text formatting other than the default typeface to be used in any PDF Fusion generated PDF file.

I have opened cases about the troubles, with no reasonable response (I mean something besides uninstall/reinstall PDF Fusion; reboot the system; format the hard drive and reinstall Windows; and other pearls like that). Corel Support staff tells me the product does not support HTML, but the User Manual includes HTML in the "Formats Supported" list. Corel Support staff tells me the product does not support text-to-PDF conversion, but the User Manual includes TEXT in the "Formats Supported" list. It is painfully clear that Corel has nobody on the support staff who uses/knows this product. And apparently Corel really doesn't care about the issues I have reported, because I get no response beyond some "help desk" canned message which, so far, never actually address my questions.

On June 7th I received an email from "Nelson" telling me "After carefully reviewing this incident it is recommended that you call into our technical support center for further assistance." Since June 7th I have tried to call numerous times, but while I'm at work I can not stay on hold for so long. Each time I held over 30 minutes, once for 50 minutes. But had to hang up. During my "at home" hours Corel Support is not open, unless I'm lucky and arrive home early. The 2 times I was home early, again I had to wade through the automated system, then was placed on hold. The battery in my phone actually gave out I was on hold for so long.

I am going to request a refund. I've been documenting the entire experience, and have offered to submit the information for publication in PC World magazine, who seem eager to receive it. I do not like doing that, but Corel has made my experience a very negative one. Even the post here from a Corel representative, who I replied to but was never answered. Almost a month has passed since my purchase and I can not get in touch with anybody at Corel who has a working knowledge of the PDF Fusion product.

What is going on at Corel that support has become THIS bad???
JustAnotherDude

Postby Ken Berry on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:39 pm

I am sorry your experience has been so negative. And I don't know why Abiel has not replied directly to you since his earlier intervention.

However, your post is undoubtedly not to the right set of web forums. Yes, we are about Corel products, but only the multimedia set of products. There are other Corel communities out there, including one relating to CorelDRAW and its included products; and to WordPerfect and other office-type products. PDF Fusion would -- to me at least -- clearly relate to the latter group, being clearly an office-related utility. That lot of forums is at http://officecommunity.com/forums/ -- though I have to confess that a quick look at the existing forums shows nothing relating to Fusion as yet... :oops: :cry:

And before you ask why no one here can help if we are working for Corel, then you need to be aware that, apart from Abiel, who appears here from time to time, no one else works for Corel. These are user-to-user forums, and the rest of us, me included, are merely users of some of these multimedia products who volunteer our time to help out.

Thus, I am afraid to say, your chances of getting a sensible reply here would be coincidental since it would require some multimedia user who also obtains Fusion to see your post and suggest a solution...

It could thus be better to go to the Office set of forums and post there, and even suggest they set up a Fusion forum if more users are having your problem.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 17FB 10.58
processor: i7 2.2 GHz
Video Card: Radeon HD 7690M XT 1 GB RAM
sound_card: On Board Intel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 640 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BENQ G2420 HD 1920x1080 24"

Postby JustAnotherDude on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Hello Ken,

Thanks very much for your response. I appreciate your time.

Regarding this not being the best place to post about PDF Fusion, I was aware of that. My original post began with:
"Sorry if this is off-topic here, but I can't find anyplace where questions about the product "PDF Fusion" seem appropriate."

Prior to that, I browsed the forums and didn't see anything I thought may be applicable, and on the phone Corel Support staff told me there is no forum for this product. After browsing a while, I decided this area had more intelligent users, and was hoping perhaps one or more of them also had tried PDF Fusion.

Thanks for the link to officecommunity.com -- I will browse that area and see what I can find.

>> no one else works for Corel

I was thinking that was the case, but again hoped maybe somebody there would browse once in a while. In places I have worked, many members of the engineering teams would browse the support forums, and if they spotted something they knew about, would lend a hand, else would make the attempt to get the correct support personnel member(s) involved.

Twice I have been told that "...this case will be escalated..." but have never once heard ANY further response. This is very sad testimony to the poor standard of professionalism at Corel, in my opinion.

Thanks again for your response.
JustAnotherDude

Postby rcutrona on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:42 am

Hi,

I own Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5 and Corel
Paint Shop Pro X3 they are both great and work very well.

I cannot get Corel PDF Fusion to do very much.
In fact I can't even remove it.

I get all kind of error messages.
If anybody knows what I am doing wrong please let me know.

The Fusion knowledge base on the Corel site is not very helpful.

I fear I may have to go back to Acrobat Standard.

Thank you for you help.

rcutrona
rcutrona

motherboard: IONA 1.0
processor: 3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5 650
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 230
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 9TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ACER X233H 23.1in

Postby Ken Berry on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:53 am

As I said above, these forums are for multimedia programs by Corel. There are other forums for programs such as Fusion, though as yet I don't know if Corel has established one for that program. But you are unlikely to get any meaningful responses here... Sorry.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 17FB 10.58
processor: i7 2.2 GHz
Video Card: Radeon HD 7690M XT 1 GB RAM
sound_card: On Board Intel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 640 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BENQ G2420 HD 1920x1080 24"

Postby JustAnotherDude on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 am

rcutrona wrote:Hi,

I own Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5 and Corel
Paint Shop Pro X3 they are both great and work very well.

I cannot get Corel PDF Fusion to do very much.
In fact I can't even remove it.

I get all kind of error messages.
If anybody knows what I am doing wrong please let me know.

The Fusion knowledge base on the Corel site is not very helpful.

I fear I may have to go back to Acrobat Standard.

Thank you for you help.

rcutrona

Whatever you do, do NOT follow the instructions from Corel regarding removal of PDF Fusion. If you do, you will find your other Corel software disabled, because they instruct you to delete the Corel folder under "Program Files".

>> "I cannot get Corel PDF Fusion to do very much."

That was my experience as well. It was basically useless. I finally was able to get Corel to issue me a refund on PDF Fusion, and I purchased Nitro -- is very good application, and handles conversions to PDF very well, and very easily. It is a little more expensive than PDF Fusion, but it works. I spent a month trying to get PDF Fusion to work (I mean converting OTHER documents to PDF -- Corel PDF Fusion does handle PDF to PDF.... but what good is that?!?). Corel Support was unable to demonstrate that the product could do what is claimed, and instead they continued to tell me to re-install Windows, reformat my hard drive, reboot, reboot, reboot, etc. It was really quite frustrating. I would have preferred to have a working product instead of a refund.
JustAnotherDude

Return to Forum Chat