NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Introduce yourself to other members in this thread.

General "Chatter" or conversations. They need not be directly related to video editing, or any products. We will however restrict the content of this forums to topics that do not involve political, religious, hate, or inflammatory posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Spam posting applies here too..

Moderator: Ken Berry

Re: Introduce yourself to other members in this thread.

Postby magoo70 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi all,as a new member of this community,you might see me jumping around looking for help asking questions concerning video programs. I recently purchased a camcorder,and promised to do a video of my Niece's wedding.omgosh ...Corel VideoStudio seems confusing to someone old as I ... While I have had Corel paint shop for some time,sadley I have not used it much. I have been retired over 15 years,can you teach a old dog new tricks...... My first question early in the video studio pro x5 I noticed during the edit program the word scrubbing comes up. What does that do? and how do you use it? Thank you. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about making videos...
magoo70

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: H-RS880-uATX
ram: 8GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350
sound_card: integrated Real tec ALC888S Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 838 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung

Postby Seismic Sam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 am

Hello! My name is Sam, and the "Seismic" part has to do with a hang glider crash back in the late 80's that registered a 6.3 on the Richter Scale. I'm older than dirt, and was one of the very 1st gen pimply teenagers to mess with computers. I wrote my first line of straight octal machine code in April 1964 on a CDC PDP-8 that was 2/3rds the size of a phone booth and chock full of vacuum tubes. Then Dartmouth Basic with punched paper tape, and then IBM punched cards on a college mainframe that had a staggering 254K of central memory. (The Fortran compiler took up about 170K of that... :roll: ) Skip a bit, and I'm working for 3M in the 80's, and our lab has 1 IBM XT and a NEW IBM AT. (!!) Wordstar is getting old in the tooth, Microsoft Word sucks big, flat rocks, and I end up with whatever version of WordPerfect that was out in late '86. Never migrated to Microsqish Wart, and last I saw half of the formatting codes were still hidden. :evil: Oddly enough, guy I worked with lived next door to the original creator of Paint Shop Pro (company was named JASC) in Mendota Heights, MN, and finally sold out to Corel and probably moved somewhere warmer and bought a big boat and a big house. I think I'm running WP XII these days. Was interested in photography since about age 20, and bought a Canon FTB and accumulated about 4 other lenses for it, and shot landscapes and flowers and family pictures until about 2000. My daughter got me a Panasonic digital camera (1280 x 960!! :roll: ) that ate AA batteries like a bum goes through bottles of Night Train, and about 2006 bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1. Shot the snot out of that, it finally broke, bought another one, the Leica lens seized up on the Island of Malta, and managed to buy a third one used. Then I ran across a discounted Panasonic DMC-ZS1, HAD to have it, and have used that ever since. Gonna wait until March 2013 for the current line to get replaced, and buy a DMC-ZS19 at a discount. I think I jumped from the original JASC PSP4 to the Corel PSP 8 or 9, and upgraded to PSP X4 about 3 or 4 months ago. In between I have been messing around with Panorama Maker 3 that came with PSP (X2 or 12??), and am now running Panorama Maker 5. Started messing around with HDR photography, and I am like a kid in a candy shop. It takes a while to get used to, but with X4, you can take three burst mode shots at 1.0 EV steps that look totally BLAAAHHH :cry: and turn them into something very interesting. The one major drawback is that with X4 there are just 4 color presets, and you're lucky if you can find one that works. You can mess around with the sliders for hours, but good luck trying to keep track of individual settings and trying to duplicate them time after time.

My first "real" post is going to be about some of my opinions so far about HDR, and a method I have used to expand the 4 presets (2 x 2 matrix) to 16 (4 x 4 matrix) that allow you to get pretty close to an optimum exposure that has the maximum intrinsic "message" or "punch" to the viewer. As a caveat, if you are channeling Andy Warhol or have no refinement of taste whatsoever, HDR will alow you to make some flat out garish, flourescent low rez X-Files exposures with green people and blue trees. Just kidding about the green people, but the blue trees are an all too real problem. See you again when I get the HDR post finished.
Seismic Sam

Postby gavind » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:00 am

Welcome aboard Sam, stay for a while and enjoy your time here.
gavind

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
motherboard: ASUS Motherboard
processor: i3 Pentium
ram: 4GB
sound_card: none found
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Phillips

Postby garybrian » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Haven't been around for a while and just wanted to say glad to be back.
garybrian

Video Card: Nvidia

Postby brian37 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:43 am

Hello! I'm Brian, 35 years old residing in London. Internet and computer are just two of my hobby.
So, I believe I will learn with this forum particularly in video editing flash object.
brian37

processor: intel Core
ram: 2GB

Postby lata » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Brian

and welcome to the forums, feel free to browse all the forums, some are more active than others, as you are interested in video you will notice from the Video Studio forum that a new version X6 has been released today.

A download of the trial version may help, unless you are running VS already.
If in doubt ask, we will try to answer your questions best we can.

Enjoy
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby brian37 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:18 am

Yes, I saw your trial version and want to try video editing trial version for myself. Thank you!
brian37

processor: intel Core
ram: 2GB

Postby Ken Berry » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:17 am

I saw your trial version

Just to be absolutely clear, it is not "our" version in the sense you mean. It is Corel's. We who help out on this forum -- and the whole board -- are not paid employees of Corel. We are users just like you who have used Corel products (and their predecessors Ulead, Jasc and others) for years and come here to assist other users with problems which may arise. Corel have complicated things in the last year or so by now mostly charging for any technical support. So we are now the main source of free support -- though again I can only say we depend on our own collective experience. There are many problems which we cannot solve, though we can always try!! :lol: :lol:
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B0F
processor: Core i3-4130T 2.9 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 710A
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC 28" 1920 x 1080
Corel programs: VS 2018; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3

Postby Barker Marine » Wed May 29, 2013 6:52 am

Hello there,

I'm new to the Corel forum. My name is Barker Marine and I and the owner of a shoe shopping website. I am from United Kingdom. My interest in designing kicked in since I got developed my website from a website designer. I've been interested in learning photoshop, corel draw and other animation software ever since then.

That is all about myself in brief.
Thank you for having me here!
Barker Marine

operating_system: Windows XP Home
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby lata » Wed May 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi Barker Marine

And welcome to the forums

I am sure you will find them informative and helpful. What Corel programs do you actually own? We can then point you to the correct forum.

Your signature however does contravene some of our board rules, you can view them here.. General Forum Guidelines

In particular part 5 refers to advertising.
For this reason I will have to remove the link to your site.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

Postby Zizi Tiger » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:14 am

Hello. I'm Zizi White Tiger, I like Corel Video Studio and I always liked Corel Video Studio Pro X2 -- The point is I haven't upgraded to Corel Video studio Pro x6 till... well I just bought it from couple days, And I like it a lot.. I'm just not too good as I was with X2, But I still like the Corel Video Studio. And I won't use another kind of Video Editors.
Zizi Tiger

operating_system: Windows 8 Pro
ram: 3GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500

Postby lata » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Hello Zizi Tiger

And welcome to the forums.

We are a friendly bunch on the forum, so if you are having issues with the program ask a question to the Video Studio forum rather than struggling yourself.

Read the “Please read this first before posting” gives guidance on the details we may need., saves time as we don’t need to ask.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8959
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

Postby ionamartin123 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:12 am

Hi, this is Iona Martin from Arkansas USA and I am new to this board. I am techie by job, but then my interest lies on photography. So corel is one that helps me to satisfy my passion by applying my tech skills. Love you guys! Without you and the other big company, it would have been tough.
ionamartin123

motherboard: core i3
processor: 2.3GHz
ram: 3gb
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Family
sound_card: Intel Display Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell Inspiron

Postby jaembroidery15 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:26 am

We are J&A Embroidery. Been in business for 11 years in Eastern North Carolina. My wife and I run and operate our Mom and Pops business of Embroidery, DTG printing on tee shirts, Vinyl signs and Tee shirt decoration as well as just getting into large format printing and vehicle wraps. We are both retired, she from communications with 25 1/2 years and I from communications 35 1/2 years and K9 Deputy Sheriff of 32 1/2 years. I have just announced my candidacy for Sheriff of my home county in NC. We love our business and enjoy working together and serving the public. We are both very active in our local Volunteer Fire Dept.. I am Chief and she is firefighter and on the finance committee.

We look forward to being an active part of this forum group. We will need all the help we can get with the new Versa Camm VS-540 printer we just received.

Thanks and stay safe

Allen & Judy
jaembroidery15

operating_system: Windows XP Home
ram: 640
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2010i

Postby dbrent1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi, I'm a systems engineer from Croatia. I work mostly with Cisco equipment. I'm also an owner of a CCNA study guide website: Study CCNA. I'm also a developer of keystroke logging software, Signum Soft Keylogger: Software Keylogger.

I look forward contributing to this forums.
dbrent1

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
motherboard: Intel
processor: icore5
ram: 4 gb
Video Card: geforce
sound_card: trimax
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 600 gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: hp 8900

PreviousNext