NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

PSP 2018 Install Problem

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

PSP 2018 Install Problem

Postby baradanikto » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 am

I'm beginning to regret my decision to upgrade to 2018. I recently purchased the upgrade to move my X9 version to 2018. I downloaded the necessary files and tried to install. I'm running on a Windows 7 Sp1 system that has no other problems installing software. I've got gigs of free space.

I ran the PSP2018_Ult.exe program first as requested by the email I received. Right from the start, things do not look right. Here's what the first dialog looks like:

PSP 2 Capture.PNG

Pretty funky looking with no visible dialog borders. The install continues downloading a zip file with the screen appearing like the image above. Then, when it's done, I get the following:

PSP Capture.PNG

There's no scroll bars or buttons, so, I can't respond to the dialog. I'm stuck.

I've been working with Technical Support, but, they haven't been too helpful. They had me remove my prior version (X9) and run a cleanup program. That did not help the install. They then suggested I create a new user account with admin privileges and try the install on that account. Sounds like they might be reading from a script. I've installed lots of other software on this machine with no problems.

I'm now left with no working version of the software. Can anyone shed some light on this problem before I ask for a refund?
baradanikto

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: PSP 2018 Install Problem

Postby Mel1948 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:37 pm

I had the exact same problem. The info in this post helped me get the install completed: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=62164
Mel1948

operating_system: Windows 8.1

Re: PSP 2018 Install Problem

Postby baradanikto » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:28 pm

I got this to install. I found some other posts complaining about the same thing. One of them, Paintshop Pro 2018 - installer window - defect..., had the resolution that worked for me. In particular, the post by 'netgrafik' was key for me. Using the Tab key once the dialog had focus allowed me to cycle through the controls until I got to the buttons.

I am somewhat amazed at the lack of insight by the Technical Support team. I don't understand why I had to find the resolution on my own when other people have had the same problem installing the software. It's obvious to me that the software is using two different installer programs since two out of the five programs I installed had the 'Window Defect Problem'. The other three installed without any use of the Tab key.

More importantly, suggesting that I uninstall my prior version, run a cleanup program, and, add a new user account seems like a lack of understanding of the problem. This seems like something Technical Support should already be aware of considering it's a new release.
baradanikto

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Return to Paint Shop Pro