NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Selling Script... Can i?

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

Selling Script... Can i?

Postby afarkas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi there
i wonder wether and if yes then how can i sell My script... is there a procedure how to propose it to Corel? Are there conditions to fullfill?
Thanks
afarkas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby JoeB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:27 pm

If you create your own scripts you are free to sell them if you want to. One of the members of this forum has a website where various resources and tips and tricks are available and some scripts are available free and others for a low price. A Google search for PSP scripts will bring up other sites where people have scripts for sale. If you go to the Scripting sub-forum of this group and click on the Scripting Resources link you'll find links to various sites where scripts, both free and paid, are available.

I don't have a clue about selling scripts to Corel and wouldn't expect they would bother to pay for scripts given that they have their own paid programmers. But that's just my opinion. :-)
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2018, 32-bit
JoeB
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: Canada
operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2018, 32 & 64-bit

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby afarkas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi Sir JoeB,
apparently i did exprimed myself very bad...
So here is what i mean:
I noticed Corel is selling scritpts... I bought once the fabulous DraganEffect script from Corel... it was Corel who sold it to me...
I thought people propose scripts to Corel and Corel if consider that script good enough puts it on market...
I did not wanted to sell my script to Corel - i ment my question like: "How to get my script on Corels market?" how to propose it to Corel so they can sell it
Im i more clear now?
And - im i wrong - Corel has no own script selling activity?

JoeB wrote:If you create your own scripts you are free to sell them if you want to. One of the members of this forum has a website where various resources and tips and tricks are available and some scripts are available free and others for a low price. A Google search for PSP scripts will bring up other sites where people have scripts for sale. If you go to the Scripting sub-forum of this group and click on the Scripting Resources link you'll find links to various sites where scripts, both free and paid, are available.

I don't have a clue about selling scripts to Corel and wouldn't expect they would bother to pay for scripts given that they have their own paid programmers. But that's just my opinion. :-)
afarkas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby LeviFiction » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 pm

When I asked Cassel how she got scripts on there she indicated that Corel had contacted her. So there is no official process for getting scripts on there. You'll just have to contact Corel and see if they'll offer your script.

Otherwise, everyone else just sells their own scripts on their own web stores.
LeviFiction
Advisor
 
Posts: 4804
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:07 pm
Location: USA
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: PSP (Installed): XI, X7, X8,X9

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby afarkas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:57 pm

OK, thanks, i see now.
That is what i wanted to avoid - selling scripts on my own, because i do not want to have all that troubles with calculating and paying taxes and all other burocracy that goes with it...

Thanks again, sir, i understand now

LeviFiction wrote:When I asked Cassel how she got scripts on there she indicated that Corel had contacted her. So there is no official process for getting scripts on there. You'll just have to contact Corel and see if they'll offer your script.

Otherwise, everyone else just sells their own scripts on their own web stores.
afarkas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby LeviFiction » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:03 pm

There are various web-distribution services you could use. Gumroad for example is a common way people sell digital products. And of course many others.
LeviFiction
Advisor
 
Posts: 4804
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:07 pm
Location: USA
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
Corel programs: PSP (Installed): XI, X7, X8,X9

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby Cassel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Depending on the type of scripts you have to sell, you could also contact consignment stores where other scripts are sold. With a consignment store, they will take care of everything in exchange for a % of the revenue.

What kind of scripts do you have?
Cassel
http://creationcassel.com/store
Specializing in PSP specific products: scripts and tubes

http://scrapbookcampus.com
for beginner and seasoned scrappers and designers
Cassel
 
Posts: 1506
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: Canada
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8Gb
Corel programs: PSP 8 (JASC) to PSP X9

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby Cassel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:21 pm

It might depend on the location where you live but you might not have to charge tax on digital goods and especially if you don't sell for thousands and thousands of $. For example, my accountant states that if I sell less than $30K per year, I don't have to charge tax (I am in Canada).

You might just need to check. Selling on your own is quite easy to do.
Cassel
http://creationcassel.com/store
Specializing in PSP specific products: scripts and tubes

http://scrapbookcampus.com
for beginner and seasoned scrappers and designers
Cassel
 
Posts: 1506
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: Canada
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8Gb
Corel programs: PSP 8 (JASC) to PSP X9

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby afarkas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi, mister,
sorry to reply late...
Im located in Slovakia... and i am not sure how it works here with taxes...

The script i developed and fine-tuned is meant for portrait photography...
I named it "2 step AI3DIP for Portrait Photography" (2 step Advanced Interactive 3D Impression Push for Portrait Photography)

Does quite impressive job...

And i also have no idea what price i could ask for it...
Want to see example image?


Cassel wrote:Depending on the type of scripts you have to sell, you could also contact consignment stores where other scripts are sold. With a consignment store, they will take care of everything in exchange for a % of the revenue.

What kind of scripts do you have?
afarkas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby Cassel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:48 pm

You can price it similar to what they sell for on Corel.
As for the taxes, is there a way you can check with an accountant?
Cassel
http://creationcassel.com/store
Specializing in PSP specific products: scripts and tubes

http://scrapbookcampus.com
for beginner and seasoned scrappers and designers
Cassel
 
Posts: 1506
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:49 pm
Location: Canada
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 8Gb
Corel programs: PSP 8 (JASC) to PSP X9

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby afarkas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Sure, i will ask some.
Thank You

Cassel wrote:You can price it similar to what they sell for on Corel.
As for the taxes, is there a way you can check with an accountant?
afarkas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby afarkas » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 am

I have checked out Gumroad, but it is subscription based service - that means i have to pay for it wether i sell or not...
The problem is, i do not intend sell loads of scripts... making scripts for sale is not my goal... I have one unique script i want to propose for sale... and it is not sure anyone want to buy it...
Anyone have a suggestion for some service that could list my script in their portfolio and pay me % from sale if it happens?
Thanks
afarkas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby hartpaul » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 am

So what you are after is something like this for Photoshop Actions:
https://graphicriver.net/category/add-ons/photoshop/actions

But you are after similar for Paintshop Pro scripts.

You could try ebay, or Deviant Art.
In the case of eBay you have to compete with so many other different products that anyone searching for and finding your product would have difficulty.
Deviant Art is a place for many different types of art and effects, but still a script sale would get lost. As well I read they only give 20% of sales.

As some Corel people do visit this site from time to time you would need to convince them that your script is 'outta this world' and really unique, and so far you have not done a really good sales job.
How about posting a before and after shot of what your script can do. Then if Corel was interested you may be approached.
Systems XP, Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.1770
hartpaul
Advisor
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Australia
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BenQ T2200HD
Corel programs: PSP8,X2 to X9,2018

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby afarkas » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:58 am

Hi, mister
Thank you.
Yes, i think you are right.
You mean posting before/after images WHERE? Directly here in this thread?

hartpaul wrote:So what you are after is something like this for Photoshop Actions:
https://graphicriver.net/category/add-ons/photoshop/actions

But you are after similar for Paintshop Pro scripts.

You could try ebay, or Deviant Art.
In the case of eBay you have to compete with so many other different products that anyone searching for and finding your product would have difficulty.
Deviant Art is a place for many different types of art and effects, but still a script sale would get lost. As well I read they only give 20% of sales.

As some Corel people do visit this site from time to time you would need to convince them that your script is 'outta this world' and really unique, and so far you have not done a really good sales job.
How about posting a before and after shot of what your script can do. Then if Corel was interested you may be approached.
afarkas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Selling Script... Can i?

Postby afarkas » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm

OK, so ill post images here.
As i said, this is a 2 step interactive script where user can make adjustments on the end of both steps, so the result pretty much depends on those adjustments...
Adjustments are setting certain layer and layer-mask opacity or also adjusting layer-mask with brush or eraser...

http://attila-farkas.sk/tmpimgc/00.jpg
http://attila-farkas.sk/tmpimgc/01.jpg
http://attila-farkas.sk/tmpimgc/02.jpg
http://attila-farkas.sk/tmpimgc/03.jpg
http://attila-farkas.sk/tmpimgc/04.jpg
http://attila-farkas.sk/tmpimgc/05.jpg
http://attila-farkas.sk/tmpimgc/06.jpg
http://attila-farkas.sk/tmpimgc/07.jpg
afarkas
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 am
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit


Return to Paint Shop Pro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests