NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

psp2018 : bug : bad tab indexes for several fields

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

psp2018 : bug : bad tab indexes for several fields

Postby Michael REMY » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:24 pm

hi,

i hate that kind of "little bug to fix" because it causes always a time and stepback/undo phase when you want to work fast.

so, like many previous releases of PSP, in psp2018 the index of many fields is wrong !

that means when you use the keyboard and want to switch faster from a field to another one, then you falls anywhere !

by exemple, in the RESIZE dialog window, go into the field "width" and hit the TAB key, we should expect to go in the "Heigh" field, well hell not there at all!

there are many other examples of that problem in PSP2018, it is a shame to not test the efficiency of the keyboard. where is the quality chief at Corel's ?
What is the meaning to put some shortcuts into a software if you don' respect the way of ordering them ? seriously... do not ask me to use the mouse to avoid that fix ...

have a good day (not me)
i'm a Paintshop pro user since 1999 on windows 3.11 until now with psp x8 on Win7 X64
Michael REMY

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: asus p6t
processor: intel core i7 980
ram: 12GB
Video Card: nvidia quadro K2000
sound_card: creative soundblaster xfi pro titanium
Hard_Drive_Capacity: +1TB SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: samsung bw226 desktop 1680x1050px
Corel programs: Corel PSP 2018 Pro

Re: psp2018 : bug : bad tab indexes for several fields

Postby hartpaul » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Possibly the resize example is not a good one as in older versions ( back to Jasc days) yes hitting tab key went from Width to Height and then to Pixels or Percent. (pity they don't allow using the classic Resize dialog as they do allow the classic Materials palette. BUT if you have maintain aspect ratio then the first tab position is the Width and since this locked then if you change that then the height is also changed.
Of course if you don't know what the width is and only know the height eg 800 pixels then you have to hit Tab twice to get to the height.
But in testing this out I discovered a shortcut that I could not find reported in any of the Help guides.
1. If you have a number of images that you are working with and the same orientation (portrait or landscape) then in Tabbed mode resize the first image.
2. for each image after that hold down the shift key and do Image > Resize and it will repeat the last used settings. You could even customize a special toolbar to include Resize on it so you did not have to use the menu drop down.
3. It does not work if you switch from portrait to landscape and actually seems to distort the image
Systems XP, Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.1770
hartpaul
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BenQ T2200HD
Corel programs: PSP8,X2 to X9,2018

Postby Michael REMY » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 pm

the problem is not about resizing, it is about the order the index that provide a GOOD & useful keyboard shortcuts.

another example : try the channel mixer window dialog.

After the focus is on "monochrome checkbox field", TAB key should bring us on the OK button, then on the CANCEL one, and on the HEPL one.

but no... the order is wrong. Again....

Try the "red/blue/green" window dialog too, it is funny .

i don't know in which coding language, PSP is compiled but in every windows language there is a tab position/index property (the name may not be the same) :
i'm a Paintshop pro user since 1999 on windows 3.11 until now with psp x8 on Win7 X64
Michael REMY

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: asus p6t
processor: intel core i7 980
ram: 12GB
Video Card: nvidia quadro K2000
sound_card: creative soundblaster xfi pro titanium
Hard_Drive_Capacity: +1TB SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: samsung bw226 desktop 1680x1050px
Corel programs: Corel PSP 2018 Pro

Postby hartpaul » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:19 pm

Yes I see what you mean. The order works correctly in Jasc PSP8 and mostly correct in X2 but they really started stuffing it around in X4 onwards.
In some the OK remains highlighted while the Tab is clearly selecting other areas.
Systems XP, Win7, Win 8.1,Win 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.1770
hartpaul
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: AsusTex P7P55D
processor: IntelCore I 5 2.67 Ghz
ram: 8 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
sound_card: Nvidia High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2000 Gb