NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

how to put the particulars just around the cursor selection?

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

how to put the particulars just around the cursor selection?

Postby Michael REMY » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:33 pm

hi,

i use psp2018 pro.
Now i work on multiple screens.

When i select a area with the edit-tool (si i draw a square zone by exemple) , the particulars are always in the right bottom of the psp screen (the second screen monitor, my right one) whereas my zone (the image i work on) is on the left screen monitor.

since many release of psp, i just can't understand why we can't display the particulars around the cursos during the selection operation (or in a tooltips or in the image window status area).
i checked the preferences and did not find such obvious options.

shall you help me ?

Else not, help me. how do you manage to select a 100x100 zone on the left screen whereas the zone'size in in the opposite of your field of view ? i did not check Photoshop, but i'm pretty sure it does care of that problem since a lot of time, isn't it ?

Have a good day (with one monitor only)
i'm a Paintshop pro user since 1999 on windows 3.11 until now with psp x8 on Win7 X64
Michael REMY

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: asus p6t
processor: intel core i7 980
ram: 12GB
Video Card: nvidia quadro K2000
sound_card: creative soundblaster xfi pro titanium
Hard_Drive_Capacity: +1TB SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: samsung bw226 desktop 1680x1050px
Corel programs: Corel PSP 2018 Pro

Re: how to put the particulars just around the cursor select

Postby JoeB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:31 pm

If you are using the Selection tool to draw your rectangle, then in the Tool Options bar click the little down arrow beside Selection Style and select Fixed Size from the dropdown menu that opens. Then type the size you want in the Width and Height boxes. Then click on your canvas/image and it will automatically create a rectangle of that size.

If you are using the rectangle option in the Preset Shapes flyout then first draw a rectangle of any size then click on the Edit Mode button on the Tool Options bar to enter Edit mode. Then enter the height and width you want in the Height and Width boxes.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2018, 32-bit
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2018, 32 & 64-bit

Re: how to put the particulars just around the cursor select

Postby Michael REMY » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:27 am

JoeB wrote:If you are using the Selection tool to draw your rectangle, then in the Tool Options bar click the little down arrow beside Selection Style and select Fixed Size from the dropdown menu that opens. Then type the size you want in the Width and Height boxes. Then click on your canvas/image and it will automatically create a rectangle of that size.

If you are using the rectangle option in the Preset Shapes flyout then first draw a rectangle of any size then click on the Edit Mode button on the Tool Options bar to enter Edit mode. Then enter the height and width you want in the Height and Width boxes.

i use the rectangle/square to select and while i extend the shape, i need to have the dimension near the cursos or near the bling-doted line during the select process.

why the "data" zone in the status bar (resolution, particulars, colors mode..) is not in a tool box we could move anywhere we want like the toolbox ?

AS the information change following the mage we work on, that should be in the zone upper the windows title (of the image).

it is so strange to put that kind of information in the opposite way of the eyes.
i'm a Paintshop pro user since 1999 on windows 3.11 until now with psp x8 on Win7 X64
Michael REMY

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: asus p6t
processor: intel core i7 980
ram: 12GB
Video Card: nvidia quadro K2000
sound_card: creative soundblaster xfi pro titanium
Hard_Drive_Capacity: +1TB SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: samsung bw226 desktop 1680x1050px
Corel programs: Corel PSP 2018 Pro