NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Tech Writer Needs Help

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

Tech Writer Needs Help

Postby mkqest » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 pm

I am a relatively new PSP X9 user and have been doing ok so far but I feel like my approach to combining multiple images into one image with text may not be the optimum way.

So here is the question: What is the best way for combining multiple images into one image with text placed adjacent to the images and not on top of the image?

What I am doing now is:

1. in edit tab, resizing images so they can fit on a 5 x 8 palette
2. create a new, blank 5 x 8 inch palette
3. then copying the images from the other tabs in PSP and pasting them onto the 5 x 8 palette.
4. then add text and arrows around the images as necessary.

What I'm finding is that when I paste the images, PSP is reducing the size of the image to a fraction of the size of what I had resized them (hope that makes sense!). Then I have to change perspective to 'Scale' and drag the images to the proper size to fit the 5 x 8 palette, then drop in the text and arrows.

Is there a better way?

Thanks. Mike
mkqest

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Tech Writer Needs Help

Postby LeviFiction » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 pm

PSP does not resize on paste. Are all of the images the same resolution (ppi)? If you're not sure you can look at the image information dialog to see what the resolution of the image is. Physical size doesn't translate between images as physical size is not real inside a computer. They all have to be the same resolution for physical size to match between images. If they are different resolutions then what you're seeing is the actual pixel sizes being different than what you expected.
LeviFiction
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 10
Corel programs: PSP (Installed): XI, X7, X8,X9

Re: Tech Writer Needs Help

Postby mkqest » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks for the help. That cleared up my misunderstanding.
mkqest

operating_system: Windows 8.1

Return to Paint Shop Pro