NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

"Map Mode" (and geotagging function) within PSP2018 (basic)

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

"Map Mode" (and geotagging function) within PSP2018 (basic)

Postby jmickelct » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi,

New to PSP and the forum.

Came to the software as an option, looking for a photo geotagging solution for field images that I take for my work (land trust).
Spend more than an hour in "chat" mode, presales; was assured that both the Basic and Ultimate versions contain the module.

Upon purchase, there turns out to be no "Map Mode" icon, and, consequently, no geotagging option.

Does anyone know:

A) does ("should") the Basic version of PSP2018(x64 or x32) have such functions?
B) or is one required to purchase\upgrade "Ultimate"
C) has anyone else encountered the issue (and any underlying issues\problems\configuration needs)?

Anybody developed skills or experience with geotagging that you could share (recommend PSP or suggest a "better" option?)

Have several hundred field photos that I need to "match" and need an effective and proven solution.

Thanks

-j
jmickelct

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: "Map Mode" (and geotagging function) within PSP2018 (ba

Postby JoeB » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:06 pm

First, there is no difference between PSP and PSP Ultimate, any version. Ultimate just includes some extra resources (resources are things like picture tubes, brushes, etc.).

That said, go to the search box at the top right corner of the forum and type the word geotagging. You'll get links to various posts on the subject which you can check out and see if you can find the answer to various questions about maps and geotagging you might have.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP X9 and 2018, 32-bit
JoeB

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2018, 32 & 64-bit