NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Introducing the NEW PaintShop Pro 2018!

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

Postby josephlin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Hello PaintShop Pro community! As many of you may know already, we’re excited to officially launch the NEW PaintShop Pro 2018 – now with a new look, more speed, and all kinds of exciting new creative content!

As a Corel Photo community member, you know our top priority with every version of PaintShop Pro is to deliver a complete photo editing and design suite that is faster, more flexible, and offers more creative possibilities – and now we’re also making powerful, advanced photo editing more accessible than ever before.

So what does that look like for PSP 2018?

Well… To start, we’ve redesigned our user interface and introduced a new, streamlined workspace that can now be customized to meet your specific needs and it’s even friendlier to high-resolution displays and pen and touch devices. If you used PaintShop Pro X9, you’ll notice a difference as soon as you double-click the new desktop icon thanks to improved performance under the hood. Watch as PaintShop Pro 2018 launches over 50% faster than our last version!

And that’s just the beginning…

We’ve got lot’s more in the new PaintShop Pro (http://www.paintshoppro.com/en/products ... /standard/) and PaintShop Pro 2018 Ultimate (http://www.paintshoppro.com/en/products ... /ultimate/) to boost your productivity with community-requested enhancements and spark creativity with all-new content. Highlights include:

• NEW! Dual Workspace Environment: Introducing two new workspaces designed to match the way you work! New to photo editing or looking to focus on a core set of tools? Try the new Essentials workspace for an easy-to-use, streamlined look. Or, if you're a PaintShop Pro expert, switch to the Complete workspace for a more traditional experience that offers access to the software's complete editing and design capabilities.
• NEW! Simplified Touch & Pen-Friendly Interface: Now get more control over features, functionality, and customization. Node size not right? Change it. Scroll bar too small? Make it bigger. New larger icons now make it easy to work on touchscreens, 2-in-1 devices, and high-DPI monitors.
• ENHANCED! Faster Launch Time & Performance: Time is precious and whether you're launching a program or performing a specific action, no one likes to wait around. PaintShop Pro 2018 launches more than 50% faster than the previous version (X9), while the software's most popular tools now respond with near-instant results. Text Wrapping is faster and Depth of Field adjustments can be achieved 4 times quicker than before.
• NEW! Customizable Toolbars: Be more productive with larger, easier-to-see icons and use the new Quick Customize feature to update your toolbars with the tools you want at your fingertips.
• NEW! Color Palettes, Brushes & More Creative Content: Choose from a selection of complementary hues with 10 new Color Palettes, apply artistic strokes with 30 new Brushes, and get creative with 30 new Gradients, 30 new Textures, and 15 new Patterns.

Choose PaintShop Pro 2018 Ultimate, the comprehensive editing kit for photographers, and also receive a collection of add-ons worth more than $250 including:
• NEW! Painter® Essentials™ 5: Get photo-painting tools that easily transform your pictures into impressive art right before your eyes. Or start sketching, drawing, and painting from scratch using Natural-Media® brushes. (64-bit only)
• NEW! Perfectly Clear 3 SE: Restore details, color, and other elements lost by your camera with the proven, patented corrections. Create a custom look with robust, time-saving presets that let you control multiple adjustments with just one click -- all without leaving PaintShop Pro. (64-bit only)
• AfterShot™ 3: With the addition of AfterShot, get a one-two punch to rival Adobe's Creative Cloud photography subscription, only without the monthly fee -- including, digital asset management, RAW conversion, and adjustment. Take advantage of non-destructive editing that preserves your original, whether you edit one version of your photo or 100. (64-bit only)

So what do you think of Paintshop Pro 2018? Tell us below or get in touch on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/corelpaintshop) or Twitter @CorelSoftware. We want to know!

We look forward to hearing your impressions and take your feedback seriously. All the enhancements we’ve made are inspired by you, our PaintShop community – to help fuel the passion you bring to your creations.

Simply put, we’re committed to helping you reach your goals as photo editors, designers, and artists.

PaintShop Pro 2018 is about giving you a richer, more intuitive and more accessible photo editing experience… one you won’t have to rent or pay expensive monthly fees to access.

After all, we’re the industry’s best-known Photoshop alternative for a reason – and in the more than 25 years since the launch of the original PaintShop Pro, we believe this version is our best yet.

So get your free 30-day trial (http://dwnld.paintshoppro.com/trials/ps ... taller.exe) today or pick up your subscription-free copy right now and start creating without boundaries.

Have fun, stay sharp, and keep shooting! :D

Sincerely,
Joseph Lin and the Corel Photo Team
Attachments
ULT.png
Last edited by josephlin on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers
Joseph Lin
Product Manager, Corel PaintShop Pro / AfterShot Pro
josephlin
Corel

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Intel 6 series_C200
processor: Inte i5-2500k
ram: 4GB
Video Card: nVidia GTX 550i
sound_card: Singmatel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

Re: Introducing the NEW PaintShop Pro 2018!

Postby flagpole » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Interesting.
No download link?
flagpole

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: dell inspiron 546
processor: Athlon X4 640
ram: 8GB
Video Card: GTX 1050 Ti
sound_card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2.6TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell 22" 1080p

Postby BJC » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Here you are

www.corel.com
BJC

operating_system: Windows 8.1

Postby flagpole » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:44 pm

BJC wrote:Here you are

http://www.corel.com

flagpole

motherboard: dell inspiron 546
processor: Athlon X4 640
Video Card: GTX 1050 Ti
sound_card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2.6TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell 22" 1080p

Postby JoeB » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:03 pm

What I'm still waiting for is the option to be able to use custom icons for bound scripts. Is that so hard to program? It has been a request since the Jasc days from various users but I have never seen anything from developers as to why it hasn't been introduced. When a person has many scripts to bind and add to toolbars the extremely limited icon choices don't do any good whatsoever.

We can, in PSP, create picture tubes. It would be nice if there was a way to be able to bind scripts to those, just as a thought, or at least create custom icons to add to whatever library the present icons exists in within PSP.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2018, 32-bit
JoeB

motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2018, 32 & 64-bit

Postby LeviFiction » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:12 pm

It's really annoying too that the menu item editor shows the option for adding custom icons, but doesn't actually support it. It's like you're teasing us with the option but never giving us the go ahead.
LeviFiction
Advisor

Corel programs: PSP (Installed): XI, X7, X8,X9

Postby sswilson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:52 pm

Quick question before I bother with the trial.....

Are lens profiles automatically recognized on Canon DSLRs in AS3 yet? They weren't when I tried the upgrade from X8 ultimate to X9 Ultimate and without that feature I reverted back to LR.

Edit: For clarity.... the issue I ran into with Canon Lens profiles wasn't that they didn't populate, it was that they didn't in fact seem to apply any corrections at all for barrel distortion. I guess that's what I'm really wondering about. (And if folks are wondering why barrel distortion is my main focus.... many of my photos have brickwork as a backdrop so any kind of barrel distortion at all is immediately obvious if left uncorrected).
sswilson

System_Drive: L

Postby carl7 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Hello, been out of it for a while. Has the X series of PSP been discontinued?
carl7

ram: 7GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung
Corel programs: Paintshop Pro X8

Postby JoeB » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:08 pm

carl7 wrote:Hello, been out of it for a while. Has the X series of PSP been discontinued?

"X" was the Roman numeral 10, so X9 was version 19. PSP 2018 is version 20, so using X as a prefix for it and subsequent versions doesn't really work.
Regards,

JoeB
Using PSP 2018, 32-bit
JoeB

motherboard: LENOVO 4524PE4 ThinkCentre M91p
processor: 3.10 gigahertz Intel Quad Core i5-2400
ram: 8 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4.6 TB
Corel programs: PSP 9, X7 to 2018, 32 & 64-bit

Postby carl7 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:19 pm

JoeB wrote:
carl7 wrote:Hello, been out of it for a while. Has the X series of PSP been discontinued?

"X" was the Roman numeral 10, so X9 was version 19. PSP 2018 is version 20, so using X as a prefix for it and subsequent versions doesn't really work.

Thanks Joe.
carl7

ram: 7GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung
Corel programs: Paintshop Pro X8

Postby cfcboc » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:56 pm

I am a user of PaintShop Pro X7 and as I exited using the program earlier today, I got a remaining window with an attractive offer to get a full download version of PaintShop Pro 2018. I did not have the time to read about PSP2018, so I exited the window panel. I came back an hour later to read about PSP2018, and again opened up PSP X7 and exited, but that window panel with the special offer did not appear. I have now tried it several times but still no special offer panel appears.

Is there a way to still take advantage of the special offer for PSP2018? The offer price is definitely more attractive than the normal $99 full version or $79 upgrade standard offer on the web site.
cfcboc

ram: 12GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Viewsonic 23"
Corel programs: PaintShop Pro X7

Postby boototter » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:27 pm

There is a problem with the downloader though, described in a separate topic.
boototter

processor: intel i5 and i7

Postby df » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:05 pm

2 questions:
1) Does it have an auto-align layer feature?
2) Does it have an auto-straighten feature?
(if so how good are they?)
Regards, Dan

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
df

processor: 2.6 Ghz i7-6700HQ
ram: 16gb
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 960M
sound_card: onboard sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 Tb

Postby LeviFiction » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 am

Not built into the edit mode no. Aligning images and straightening them are still only functions of the HDR PhotoMerge and Photo Blend.
LeviFiction
Advisor

Corel programs: PSP (Installed): XI, X7, X8,X9

Postby GArtiste » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:02 pm

josephlin wrote:Introducing the NEW PaintShop Pro 2018!
Well… To start, we’ve redesigned our user interface and introduced a new, streamlined workspace that can now be customized to meet your specific needs and it’s even friendlier to high-resolution displays and pen and touch devices. If you used PaintShop Pro X9, you’ll notice a difference as soon as you double-click the new desktop icon thanks to improved performance under the hood. Watch as PaintShop Pro 2018 launches over 50% faster than our last version!

My PC is Intel Core i7 6700K 4 GHz unlocked LGA1151 CPU, DDR4 RAM 16 GB and Samsung SSD 850 EVO model MZ-75E250 250GB for Windows 10 x64 + programs.

PSP X9 was always slooow to start, after Win10 v1709 (it seems) it got stuck on "Updating Cache Settings" and took some 2 mins to load - not good.

PSP 2018 is better though when clocked still takes some 18 s to load. Not exactly fast for a PC like mine where there is usually very little waiting for programs to load. I have a feeling 2018 loaded much faster when first installed (didn't time) but this is the state of play after a day or so - still on 30 d evaluation - is the upgrade worth it I wonder?

I still keep PSP5 on my system as it loads in less than a second and is good enough for many tasks. Doesn't quite have the capability of PSP9 tho..

I was frankly disappointed in PSP X9 compared to PSP9 (which doesn't seem happy with Win10). PSP9 ran so well under WinXP, fast loading, intuitive keystrokes, no fuss. PSP X9 reminds me of the bloated and kludgy modern versions of Adobe Photoshop...
GArtiste

Corel programs: PaintShop Pro X9

Next

Return to Paint Shop Pro