NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Do I have PSP X9 Ultimate or Standard?

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

Do I have PSP X9 Ultimate or Standard?

Postby bdelucie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this - I paid for and downloaded PSP X9 Ultimate from the Corel site. Upon installing and opening the program, I see from the splash screen that I have the Standard version, not Ultimate. In fact, when I closed the program, a page came up asking me if I wanted to upgrade to Ultimate (for an additional amount of course).

So, now I am unsure if I actually have Ultimate or not? Are the two versions the same except for the additional supplementary add-ons like Live Screen Capture, Creative Collection and the Script Guide? I did get downloads for them as well. So, if I install them, do I then have the Ultimate version? Seems odd though that the splash screen at the program startup, does not indicate that I have Ultimate.

Thanks for any insight.

Bob
bdelucie

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Do I have PSP X9 Ultimate or Standard?

Postby Ken Berry » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:51 am

Welcome to the forum!

And yes, the actual program of PSP is identical in both the Ultimate and Pro packages. I too have Ultimate yet the splash screen just says Pro. What makes the difference is indeed the extras which come with the Ultimate package. This includes those you mentioned plus AfterShot 3 (RAW processor) and the Athentech Perfectly Clear 2 SE plug-in. The email you should have received if you purchased from the Corel Shop would have had links for the download of these.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B0F
processor: Core i3-4130T 2.9 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 710A
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC 28" 1920 x 1080
Corel programs: VS X10; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3

Postby bdelucie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks Ken. That is reassuring. I did get all the download links, so I'm all good then.

Bob
bdelucie

Postby alexwent » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:38 pm

How confusing is that? I have just invested in PSP 2018 Ultimate in the hope that at last I can return to using PSP (My X2 version, which was simply excellent, no longer works with my particular graphics driver and Win10). I also thought I had wasted $20: good to have this confirmed - thanks.
alexwent

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium

Return to Paint Shop Pro