PSP X4 Pro - The perfect circle

Corel Paint Shop Pro

Moderator: trueblue

PSP X4 Pro - The perfect circle

Postby wolverineinmichigan on Tue May 01, 2012 2:28 pm

I have never been able to make a perfect circle (eclipse). They always come out lop sided even a little bit in my best trys.
I know there has to be a way to do this. I don't even pretend to know what the Radius X & Y and Center X & Y are for. Thanks guys.
wolverineinmichigan

operating_system: Vista Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
ram: 3gb
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500gb

Re: PSP X4 Pro - The perfect circle

Postby LeviFiction on Tue May 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Well...yeah.

PSP gives you two options for creating a circle - Circle and Ellipse

Image1.png
Image1.png (7.78 KiB) Viewed 451 times

If you select the "Draw Circle" option it'll always correctly constrain the X and Y radius to be equal creating a "perfect" circle.

You can also simply hold down the Shift key as you drag out a circle, this will also constrain the X and Y radius.

As for what these values mean: Center X and Y refer to where the center of the circle is on the image. A Center X Y of 800 and 600 will place the center of the circle at pixel location 800x 600y.

As you know the "radius" is the distance from the center of the circle to any point along its edge. So essentially how big the circle is. If X Radius and Y Radius are different you'll get an ellipse (oval) because it's not the same distance to one edge as it is to another.

If the X Radius and Y Radius are exactly the same, so it's the same distance all the way around, you'll get a "perfect" circle.

So if you find that you've made an oval and want to fix it later, just make sure the X and Y Radius values match.
LeviFiction
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 8 Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. K52F 1.0
processor: 2.53 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 460
ram: 4GB
Video Card: Intel[R] HD Graphics
sound_card: Conexant SmartAudio HD
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB

Return to Paint Shop Pro