PSP X2 Material Palette not allowing white letters

Postby jholmes900 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:57 pm

I have PSP X2. I am away from home and trying to work on my laptop at a client's site. I have never used PSP away from home before, so I am sure my problem is related to settings/options. I just have not been able to find out what it is.

I have a banner with a multi-shaded blue background and white letters. I am trying to increase the width. I create a new background in the new size, saved it, closed it, then opened it and tried to add white text. The only colors the materials palette shows are lavender and black. When I open another picture with white on it and click on the white to set the color, it changes it to black on the palette.

Also, in the materials palette, when I click on the foreground or background properties, on existing pictures I see the color wheel with the HTML color code that I can change . When I click on the properties for the new picture, a color square is displayed with shades of blue/lavender and black with no white. the HTML color code is not modifiable.

Even if I copy the old picture with white letters and paste it on the new background, the letters are lavender.

I have also had trouble with installing an update from Corel. The first time I opened the application, I received a message that an update was available. I downloaded it and it installed successfully. The next three times I opened the application, I received the same message and I performed the update each time. Then, when I re-booted my PC I received a message that there were duplicate files and that I should update the file locations. I did, but the next time I re-booted, I received the same message. I updated the file locations again, but this time I moved the folder with the duplicates into the recycle bin. Then I re-booted and received the same message. I was going to restore the files from my recycle bin and then change the file locations to that folder. However, when I tried to restore, I received a message that the files in the recycle bin were older that the ones in the current folder. I canceled the restore, then found all of the files in the MY PSP folders were empty and my recycle bin is also empty. I am at a total loss and have never had this kind of problem before. I do not have my install disks with me or I would try to re-install the product.

Please advise me on how to proceed. Thank you.
jholmes900

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Wistron 360B
processor: 2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual 64 kilobyte prim
ram: 3GB
Video Card: Mobile Intel R 4 Series Express Chipset Family
sound_card: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 Intel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 250 gb

Re: PSP X2 Material Palette not allowing white letters

Postby LeviFiction on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Well I've never heard of the other problems but the color problems`sound like a paletted problem. Though I could be wrong, let me take a shot in the dark here. Are you purposely making an image with fewer colors than a normal image? Go to the menu and select Image->Increase Color Depth-> and look at what options are available. 8-bit RGB is standard for most images. If it's available go ahead and select that and you should be good. If it's not available then....I have no clue.
LeviFiction
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 8 Pro
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. K52F 1.0
processor: 2.53 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 460
ram: 4GB
Video Card: Intel[R] HD Graphics
sound_card: Conexant SmartAudio HD
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB

Postby jholmes900 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 am

No I am not purposely limiting the colors. However, in trying to fix it on my own, I did find and try your solution. I increased the color depth and I was then allowed to use white for the text. Thank you for your comments.

I have no idea what is making it act like that in the first place. Every time I open a background picture that I created on my other PC, I have to increase the color depth in order to add the text.

And... I am still getting the duplicate file error message when I re-start my PC and open PSP. The only thing that has gone away is the update that was applied numerous times.
jholmes900

32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Wistron 360B
processor: 2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual 64 kilobyte prim
ram: 3GB
Video Card: Mobile Intel R 4 Series Express Chipset Family
sound_card: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 Intel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 250 gb

Postby teknisyan on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello jholmes900,

I'm Abiel from Corel Support. I was reading your concern above and noticed that you are using PaintShop Pro Photo X2 and under your profile you are using Windows 7 Home Premium. The PaintShop Pro Photo X2 and even ultimate are not certified Windows 7, which means that can be causing the problem with your PSP. However, allow me to help you with your concern by sending me more information about your problem. I sent you a PM for the email address that you can use to send me the details of your problem.

Thanks,

Abiel
Like reading blogs?
About Tech
About Sports
Pnoy.Me - A URL Shortener
Follow me on Facebook & Twitter
teknisyan

32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Sony Corporation VAIO