I have been having a problem reinstalling PaintShop-Photo-Pro-X3, after it corrupted during a update. No matter what fix method I tried to totally remove the application, so that I could re-install it, the installer always went to a screen asking ‘Are you sure you want to completely remove Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3’, and ‘Clear all personal settings in Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3’.
Anyway, I finally managed to solve the problem in the following way.
1) Follow the knowledge base here: http://corel.force.com/index/articles/e ... oto-Pro-X3
. I also ran the ‘CDS_2010-Clean-Up_ver1.9.exe’ but this had no real effect for me, so I think you can skip the clean-up exe.
2) Turn off virus software (sure this is the reason it corrupted during the update anyway).
3) Start the installer again
4) When it reached the point that it is asking if you want to completely remove PSP X3 (instead of install it), leave the installer open and …
5) Browed to the location: C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserAccount>\Local Settings\Temp\, and copy the whole directory ‘Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3’ to a new location (like c:\mytemp\).
6) Closed the installer once copy has completed.
7) Run the application ‘c:\mytemp\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3\1.5.1.001\SetupARP.exe’ from the new location.
This will start the installation, and will not bring up the uninstaller (well it did for me.).
9) Once complete download all 4 (PSPPX3_Patch1.exe - PSPPX3_Patch4.exe), and run them in order. (Downloaded from the Corel downloads website: http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index. ... pid=800007
10) I also re-installed ‘PSP_X3_ProjectCreator’ as normal.
And I finally got it all working again. A bit disappointed that this issue has never been solved by Corel (based of my internet searching). I have purchased and used versions: 9, X, X1, X2, and X3 now of Paintshop Pro. X3 has by far given me the most amount of problems. Hope when I get around to X4, things are better.
Anyway, hope this helps someone.