Okay-- been experimenting with some settings, and may have a work around for the File Save lag... Like I mentioned in the first post, I know where all my images/pictures/drawings are, and have no desire to have some automated "Organizer" program using up CPU cycles scrubbing my hard drive for images, so....
1) Go to File > Preferences > General Program Prefrences
2) Click on "Organizer" in the left column
3) Click on the "Uncataloged Folders..." button
4) Delete each of the entries listed (select one, then click the "Delete" button
5) Click the "Add" button
6) In the dialog box, under "Computer", select a drive (start with A:\) and click "OK"
7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 for every drive letter, which for me, was A:\ (Floppy), C:\, D:\, E:\, F:\, G:\, H:\, J:\ (DVD-RW), and K:\(DVD-RW).
Plug in any external drive(s) you have (Windows will automatically assign a new drive letter).
9) Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the new drives (My thumb drives get assigned letters I:\ and L:\).
10) Click "OK"
Once I set the Organizer to not
scan any media for image files, it seemed the File Save process was 1000% faster- it just saves the file where I want it and it's done.
This doesn't really address the issue of the Organizer program loading into RAM when PSPX3 is started, but at least my quad-core system doesn't drop down to the speed of a K6-2 233 MHz dinosaur.