NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Windows 7 chkdsk won't scan C:drive and F8 key won't work

A forum dedicated to Vista / Windows 7 related fixes and work rounds in relation to Corel's Intervideo/Ulead range of products.

Moderator: Ken Berry

Windows 7 chkdsk won't scan C:drive and F8 key won't work

Postby RyanCaleb » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi all,

I recently tried to scan my C: drive for errors on my PC with Windows 7 Pro. It asked me to reboot and the scan would run upon the new boot. However instead, I got a message saying there was an unspecified error caused by a recent program I had installed. It suggested I restore my system to a time before I had loaded that program, except I didn't know which program was causing the problem. In the meantime, I discovered that I also could not access the safe mode on startup using the F8 key. Next, I investigated further and found the last new program I had installed. It was EaseUS Todo Backup Free. Problem was it had been installed 2 or 3 months ago and system restore would not restore that far back. So I just uninstalled the EaseUs program. Doing that made my F8 key work again, but it didn't make chkdsk work. So now I'm thinking maybe EaseUs made some changes to the registry upon install that weren't changed back upon the uninstall.

Now I don't know what else to try to get the chkdsk to work! Help!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... wont-work/

B2B Marketing Examples
RyanCaleb

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Return to Microsoft Vista / Windows 7