Batch crop with Media Studio Pro v 8

Postby Laura Knell on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:11 am

I've used the batch convert tools in video editor 8 but there's no option to crop (CROPPING) the video in any kind of batch mode, unattended. And with several thousand videos, it would be far too time consuming to do so manually and use the Create Video File window. I tried looking for some built-in option to load several videos on the Main Timeline then attempting to save them with cropping turned on, hoping there was some option to save each segment to an individual file. But this also turned up negative. I just don't understand why there is no way to do this. I really need it.

I've tried using templates set to crop but there's never any cropping. Makes no different which video format I'm using or codec.

I mostly want to convert from Xvid AVI to WMV.

Is there some other way to batch convert in Video Editor 8? If not then is there some cheap program that will do this as I want? I only need to crop off ten percent of the bottom of the videos.
Laura Knell

Postby Gorf on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:00 pm

Virtualdub would do what you need - it's not easy for a newcomer, though...
Gorf
Advisor

Postby Laura Knell on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:38 am

I found another program called AVS VIDEO CONVERTER 6 which does what I want. Thanks for the suggestion.
Laura Knell

Return to MediaStudio Pro