Audio

Postby dabear on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:23 am

Hey you guys hooked up a new video codec for my pc and was wondering whats a good Audio package for videos to play sound. Most of the videos I'm trying to play don't have sound. Whats out there thats a good sound package thing.
Msp 8.0 baby yeaaahhhh
dabear

Re: Audio

Postby asande on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:06 pm

dabear wrote:Hey you guys hooked up a new video codec for my pc and was wondering whats a good Audio package for videos to play sound. Most of the videos I'm trying to play don't have sound. Whats out there thats a good sound package thing.

I'm not sure what you're looking for... However, this might help.

For some audio capture and lots of audio editing, I use Audacity, an open source software package (google 'Audacity' to find it). Once I've created what I want, I save it as a .wav file and load it into an audio track on the timeline. I also use the tools built into MSP for a lot of my audio work.

For background music, I've bought a bunch of the SmartSound disks that will load into MSP 8 (or accessed in their SonicFire Pro software). MSP comes with a sampler (Full Spectrum 22k) of SmartSound music accessible under "Auto Music", which you can get to by right-clicking somewhere in the timeline.

Regards, Al
asande

Postby Ron P. on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi dabear,

I use SonicFire Pro, and like it and the SmartSound Strata Series. There's also Digital Juice's Stack Traxx.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby dabear on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:27 pm

I should have been more detailed.

I do use Audacity, Im not looking for a audio program.

Im looking for a "audio codec" Package to play video audio. All im getting are videos with out sound.

What do you guys use whats out there?
Msp 8.0 baby yeaaahhhh
dabear

Postby Ron P. on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:49 pm

I don't use anything but what came on the PC, and/or what a program (VS, MSP,) might install. I refuse to use codec packs, too risky.

I don't know what your origins are, but some MP3 files are real pain, because they are not true audio files, but are video files without the video. Some editors think the video is there and continue to look for that video.

One other audio problem cause would be Dolby, where you don't have the Dolby audio codec. Since Dolby is a fee-based product, if you don't have a product that includes Dolby, which there are various ones, than you can't hear it.

Are you able to see any audio information in the properties of those clips? That may give you some clue as to what codec was used.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby dabear on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:01 pm

yeah as you said mp3 123kbs audio with the video.

I got a video codec pack long time ago that would play all the files audio also. Now it's like I use real player to watch movies but I find myself opening other media players just to watch/hear media.

I don't know the name of the codec pack i had but it would open a red and blue box at the task bar near the pc clock then close the 2 boxes when media was closed.

Im looking for something like that.
Msp 8.0 baby yeaaahhhh
dabear

Postby asande on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:29 pm

I've found a couple of players that will play just about anything (without installing a bunch of codecs).

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema Edition - is very similar to the v6.x series of Windows Media Player.

VLC (from videolan.org) is another good one. I also use it to hook directly to the video streams from some of my IP-based webcams - and it seems to play just about anything. This one is also cross-platform (I have native versions for my Linux, Windows and Mac computers).

I hope this helps...

Al
asande

Postby sjj1805 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 am

Please view:
Codec Packs
Regards, Steve Jones, Web Board Administrator
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: E
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Postby mrsilvera70 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 pm

if the vedio have any audio problem than its not you hav sone intsallation problem or you have to download new software you just need to chek your drivers if it is all right than might there is a vedio problem.
mrsilvera70

Return to MediaStudio Pro