NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

How many computers can I install this product on?

How many computers can I install this product on?

Postby matchstick5 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:55 pm

I loved the free trial and think I will purchase this product if I can put it on my office computer and my notebook. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
matchstick5

Postby Ron P. » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:56 pm

You can review the EULA HERE.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Re: How many computers can I install this product on?

Postby John Reid » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:03 am

matchstick5 wrote:I loved the free trial and think I will purchase this product
You might want to hold off on that a while ... ULead have been bought by Corel, who apparently have discontinued the product.
MediaStudio Pro 8.10.0039.0
John Reid

Postby sjj1805 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:04 am

Corel are discontinuing the product but it still remains my favorite.
Even though there will be no future versions or update packs my copy will still continue to work on XP, and with a few small glitches on Vista.

If you like it you need to grab a copy whilst you still can.
:D :D :D
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Postby John Reid » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 pm

My main problem is that I recently upgraded my PC and MSP crashes a lot on the new quadcore hardware. If there is an issue with using the application on modern hardware (and it will soon not be possible to buy a single-core CPU!), then not only would we need to hang onto the current MSP version, we'd also need to hang on to our old PCs :cry:
John Reid

Postby Ron P. » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 pm

John Reid wrote:My main problem is that I recently upgraded my PC and MSP crashes a lot on the new quadcore hardware. If there is an issue with using the application on modern hardware (and it will soon not be possible to buy a single-core CPU!), then not only would we need to hang onto the current MSP version, we'd also need to hang on to our old PCs :cry:

Don't you just love Microsoft..;)
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 1-HP 27" IPS, 1-Sanyo 21" TV/Monitor
Corel programs: VS5,8.9,10-X5,PSP9-X8,CDGS-9,X4,Painter

Postby krwzmann » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:59 pm

sjj1805 wrote:Corel are discontinuing the product but it still remains my favorite.
Even though there will be no future versions or update packs my copy will still continue to work on XP, and with a few small glitches on Vista.

If you like it you need to grab a copy whilst you still can.
:D :D :D

MSP8 has still be my favorite as well. I just recently grabbed another copy (again) while it's still available.
krwzmann

Postby John Reid » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Guys, you may be missing my point: it's not Vista-compatibility I'm worried about, it's about the fact that MSP seems to crash on a fresh install of XP SP2 if you have a quad-core processor. It doesn't seem to handle new hardware very well.
John Reid

Postby sjj1805 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:53 pm

John Reid wrote:Guys, you may be missing my point: it's not Vista-compatibility I'm worried about, it's about the fact that MSP seems to crash on a fresh install of XP SP2 if you have a quad-core processor. It doesn't seem to handle new hardware very well.

I think you need to start a new thread so that we can get feedback from other members to see if this is a compatibility issue or a problem with your set up. The title of this thread is "How many computers can I install this product on?"
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: Intel 945 Express
sound_card: Intel GMA 950
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1160 GB

Postby John Reid » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:20 pm

sjj1805 wrote:
John Reid wrote:Guys, you may be missing my point: it's not Vista-compatibility I'm worried about, it's about the fact that MSP seems to crash on a fresh install of XP SP2 if you have a quad-core processor. It doesn't seem to handle new hardware very well.

I think you need to start a new thread so that we can get feedback from other members to see if this is a compatibility issue or a problem with your set up. The title of this thread is "How many computers can I install this product on?"

Fair point ... here it is:
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?p=145950#145950
John Reid

Re:

Postby timtak » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:45 am

I sill use Photoimpact in several versions, for the past ten years or so. X3 does all I need, and more on a Core i5 Windows 7 machine.

Ron P. wrote:You can review the EULA HERE.

That is a shame. Translating from the Japanese (I am not given the option of displayign that page in English (I live in Japan)!

But, having purchased a Win8 laptop, I find that

"Other than the Corel products below (of which photoimpact is not one) customers can only install the software on 1 computer. Except in situations where the original computer breaks down, you cannot install the software on a second computer. "

That is a real shame. Sony of Vegas fame lets me use their software (ten times the price admitedly) on as many computers as I like, as long as there is only the one user - me.

I wonder about the legality of this restriction. If I have purchased software, and I only use myself, then am I not free to port it to the computer of my choice, as long as I am not using it on two computers (where use may include "install").

I googled this but all I could find was a reference to German law, where it is not legal to restrict use on another comptuter IF one uninstalls from the first...
https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=TAH ... ty&f=false
The exclusion of the possibility to use the purchased softare on another computer, even if the user is complying with copyright law and is deleting all copies of such software from the initial computer is not necessary to fully protect the legitimate interests of the software supplier. It is, therefore, a general rule under Germanlaw thatrestrictions imposted on the buyer of a computer program to use the purchased software on onlyone specifically-identified computer are null and void if contained in standard terms of trade. Only in very exceptional circumstances would a court in Germany hold such clauses to be be validly agreed.

I wonder about Japanese law.

The legailty of stipulating that one can only move the software in the instance that the first computer is broken seems particularly fraught. If my keyboard has a crack, is my computer broken? If I smear coffee on my mouse is my computer broken?

Nova sells the boxed version for 100 but Coral seems to be still selling it at only 30USD.
http://www.paintshoppro.com/en/products ... 0246#tab=2
I guess I could fork out another $30.
timtak

Return to MediaStudio Pro