NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

wedding photography

wedding photography

Postby Mrali » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:09 am

Hello,

I am new to video editing and trying to decide which software I should buy.
I need the editing software to only work on wedding photography.

I have found Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, Ulead VideoStudio 11 and MediaStudio pro 8.
I am not planning to work deeply as those professional users doing work for advertisements and film producers. As I mentioned, I want it for wedding photography.

I have downloaded VideoStudio 11 and as a start, I found the lack of writing right-to-left such as Arabic language.

I then found MediaStudio pro 8 and I download it 2 times but failed to be installed.

Which software I should go with?

Please help.
Mrali

Postby Gra » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:41 am

Hi Mrali

Although MediaStudioPro has some templates for wedding videos, I'd advise you to start with VideoStudio as it is designed for people new to video editing and is the best value for money at that stage against your other two options.

That's how I started and learned certain principals and editing techniques before moving up to MediaStudio. MediaStudio is more complex (to allow users to do more complicated projects) and has a very steep learning curve for a newcomer. However it does allow you more flexibility on your project settings and you can achieve more effects.

After working with VideoStudio, you'll be in a better position to determine if it meets your needs or, once you've more experience, whether you need to move up to MSP or another because you need to work on more complex projects.

Regarding left to right writing, someone in the VideoStudio forum could probably advise better but I'm sure there is a way to do it.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Thanks & regards.
Gra

MSP8 (SP1), VS8, C3DPS, MF6+, DAZ Studio, Poser 6, Nero 6, Audacity, Photoshop 7.0
You can see a couple of my movies at http://www.youtube.com/glaustin
Gra

Postby heinz-oz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:44 am

Why do you want a video editing program when you only want to work with photography?

In any case, MediaStudio Pro is going to be an overkill for you and has a very steep learning curve.
heinz-oz

Postby Devil » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:53 am

AFAIK, no video editor is good for right>left scripts. MSPro has made an attempt at it with the v. 8 titler, but I don't find it practical. The best way of doing this is to write your scripts in, say, Corel Draw! (paragraph mode is best) and import it as a BMP into MSP, using an overlay to render the background transparent.
Devil

P4 Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz/Elite NVidia NF650iSLIT-A/2 Gb dual channel FSB 1333 MHz/Gainward NVidia 7300/2 x 80 Gb, 1 x 300 Gb, 1 x 200 Gb/DVCAM DRV-1000P drive/ Pan NV-DX1&-DX100/MSP8/WS2/PI11/C3D etc.
Devil

Postby Mrali » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Thanks Gra very much. I think you fully answered my question.

Sorry heinz-oz. Yes. Currently I am working on wedding photography and want to work on wedding videos.

I think I will start working on VideoStudio 11.

Regarding right-to-left script writing.
I have thought of using Photoshop for the text writing but it would slow the editing process!! I might want to resize, change text or color, correct misspelled word .. and so on.

Thanks
Mrali

Re: Wedding Photography

Postby benstoke11 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:10 am

Mrali wrote:Thanks Gra very much. I think you fully answered my question.

Sorry heinz-oz. Yes. Currently I am working on wedding photography and want to work on wedding videos.

I have thought of using Photoshop for the text writing but it would slow the editing process!! I might want to resize, change text or color, correct misspelled word .. and so on.

Thanks

Hello Mrali,

In the US we have a lot to learn. Even the frum photographers might be posing couples in ways that are not tznius or asking married couples to stand too close together. (Sometimes the mother of the chosson or kallah is niddah and should not stand so close as to be touching her husband). The price of frum photographers may make photography one of the largest expenses of the chassunah. Despite the fact that family and friends will have traveled from far and wide to spend tome with the baal simcha, he or she will be spending hours having his or her picture taken. We all want pictures to remember this great event in our lives but do we need to re-think chassunah photography?
benstoke11

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
System_Drive: Q
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Re: Wedding Photography

Postby canuck » Wed May 17, 2017 7:17 pm

benstoke11 wrote:
Mrali wrote:Thanks Gra very much. I think you fully answered my question.

Thanks

Hello Mrali,

In the US we have a lot to learn. Even the frum photographers might be posing couples in ways that are not tznius or asking married couples to stand too close together. (Sometimes the mother of the chosson or kallah is niddah and should not stand so close as to be touching her husband). The price of frum photographers may make photography one of the largest expenses of the chassunah. Despite the fact that family and friends will have traveled from far and wide to spend tome with the baal simcha, he or she will be spending hours having his or her picture taken. We all want pictures to remember this great event in our lives but do we need to re-think chassunah photography?

Did you look at the date of Mrali's post - 10 years ago. He has not been back since and I doubt he will be reading your response.
canuck

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: wedding photography

Postby jasonwills » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Mrali wrote:Hello,

I have found Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, Ulead VideoStudio 11 and MediaStudio pro 8.
I am not planning to work deeply as those professional users doing work for advertisements and film producers. As I mentioned, I want it for wedding photography.

I have downloaded VideoStudio 11 and as a start, I found the lack of writing right-to-left such as Arabic language.

I then found MediaStudio pro 8 and I download it 2 times but failed to be installed.

Please help.

Hello there,
According to me, you ought to go with MediaStudio Pro 8, because MediaStudio Pro 8 is powerful, versatile and intuitive video editing software, for professionals and enthusiasts in independent production, event videography, business, and education. Integrated, quick-to-master tools take you to the forefront of professional real-time HDV, DV or MPEG editing.
Thanks
jasonwills

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: D

Re: wedding photography

Postby canuck » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 pm

jasonwills wrote:
Mrali wrote:Hello,

Please help.

Hello there,
According to me, you ought to go with MediaStudio Pro 8, because MediaStudio Pro 8 is powerful, versatile and intuitive video editing software, for professionals and enthusiasts in independent production, event videography, business, and education. Integrated, quick-to-master tools take you to the forefront of professional real-time HDV, DV or MPEG editing.
Thanks

As Media Studio Pro 8 was discontimued in 2006, it is a bad idea to recommend software that is not supported and does not even work with the newer operating system
canuck

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C

Return to MediaStudio Pro