NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Pictures in DVD look out of focus

CD & DVD Picture Show

Pictures in DVD look out of focus

Postby dcsmith » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:18 pm

I recently purchased PS v4 and started to use it. I thought I was going to be able to produce a very excellent DVD, but I was sadly mistaken.

My source JPEGs were shot on a Canon EOS 450D (12.2MP) in RAW format. The pictures were then cropped to 4x3 (3x4) size for TV output and converted to standard 350 dpi JPEG "medium" quality. Each picture is about 1MB in size. The detail in the JPEGs is great. However, after processing the JPEGs with Picture Show, each picture looks slightly out of focus.

Does anybody know what the output resolution of Picture Show is?

What could be causing these pictures to look out of focus?
dcsmith

Postby michaeltee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:37 pm

If you're creating your slideshow in DVD format, DVDPS4 will (by default) resize your image files to comply with the NTSC 4:3 (720x480 pixels) television standard. This is regardless of the input size of your original files. Any output format other than DVD (VCD or SVCD for example) will result in lower resolution. Check to make sure your "output selection" (bottom left corner of "1 Organize" screen) is set to DVD before you begin a new project. This will ensure that your slideshow is created at the maximum available resolution.
michaeltee
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B17
processor: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri 28nm
ram: 16.0 GB DC
Video Card: AMD R7 Graphics
sound_card: IDT High Definition Audio + Breakaway Pipeline
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB SATA 3
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2310m