NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Picture Show 4

CD & DVD Picture Show

Picture Show 4

Postby vs » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:17 am

Hi,

Firstly, I love Ulead and this program. It is the best I have used. I am trying so share a project file with friend who also have Picture Show 4. We are editing a family event.

Is it possible to extract the file names of each chapter into a text file or something, or view the project file to see the file names of the images in a chapter?

Also, what is the way to be able to use the project file? I guess if Images are on SD card, copied to same location for PC 1 and PC 2, then this should be ok, right?

I would really need a list of jpg files that are in each chapter so that we can edit together, making sure no duplicates in different chapters and the likes.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks for your help in advance
vs

Re: Picture Show 4

Postby michaeltee » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Is it possible to extract the file names of each chapter into a text file or something, or view the project file to see the file names of the images in a chapter?

DVDPS4 has an option (when enabled) that adds a folder containing all of the media from your show on the burned DVD-R. Once the disc has been successfully burned, select it in "My Computer" and click the "Explore" option. Open the media folder and you should see all of the files that were used in your show. To print a list of them you would need to use a directory printing application such as the freeware program "JR Directory Printer" or something similar. It would not however include any specific chapter info.

LINK:
http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/jdirprint.htm

Also, what is the way to be able to use the project file?

A project file is a database that contains all the details of your show however it does not include the actual media itself. If you save project files as you work, you can open them at a later time and continue editing your show from the point when the project file was created. Rather than overwrite project files, I recommend saving them, using a new unique file name each time you save. This will give you a variety of progress points from which you can re-edit your show. Don't delete your project files until you're completely done editing your show. If you intend to re-edit at a later time, keep all of your show media in the same location so DVDPS4 can find it when necessary.

I guess if Images are on SD card, copied to same location for PC 1 and PC 2, then this should be ok, right?

In theory, yes. Haven't tried it myself though.

As far as collaboration in general goes, it might be easiest to periodically output your project as a video file and upload it to a file sharing site. This way your friend can view the progress and contact you with his/her feedback after viewing online.

Hope that helps!
-Mike
michaeltee
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B17
processor: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri 28nm
ram: 16.0 GB DC
Video Card: AMD R7 Graphics
sound_card: IDT High Definition Audio + Breakaway Pipeline