NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Convert Discontinued Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0

CD & DVD Picture Show

Convert Discontinued Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0

Postby mwaldron » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:51 pm

I have a project from subject software on DVD-R data disc. Contents are a media folder, a Viewer folder, and an autorun file. The media folder contains 2 wav and mp3 sound files, all the jpg picture files used in the project, a PDF slides file that will play the program with sound, and a slides.SVG file. The Viewer file contains Adobe's Image Viewer 4.0 application with license and multiple .dll files.

Is there any way to convert this to an MPEG I can use on a DVD player? I can play the project now by playing the DVD-R (which I created from the original CD of the project) on my PC with Windows Media Player. Can any media player output the slide show as a video file or save slideshow as video file like DVDPS4 does?

By the way, my last several attempts to use this DVDPS4 feature on my sound/slide show of 172 slides mysteriously failed. The process would start and the progress window would begin but not complete. The progress window would just disappear from the screen and the named file would not be created in the desired folder. This process always failed for good quality and now fails for standard quality. I have repeated this failure multiple times!

The nice thing about the Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 show is the formatting which allows multiple pictures per slide/frame. I suppose I could build a DVDPS4 slide show from the original audio and slide files but this will be time-consuming. Is there another Ulead/Corel product that would make this easier?
mwaldron

Re: Convert Discontinued Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0

Postby michaeltee » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:04 pm

I have a project from subject software on DVD-R data disc. Contents are a media folder, a Viewer folder, and an autorun file. The media folder contains 2 wav and mp3 sound files, all the jpg picture files used in the project, a PDF slides file that will play the program with sound, and a slides.SVG file. The Viewer file contains Adobe's Image Viewer 4.0 application with license and multiple .dll files.

Is there any way to convert this to an MPEG I can use on a DVD player? I can play the project now by playing the DVD-R (which I created from the original CD of the project) on my PC with Windows Media Player. Can any media player output the slide show as a video file or save slideshow as video file like DVDPS4 does?

Outside of any Adobe software that might include that capability you'd have to manually recreate the show in DVDPS4 using whatever audio and video elements are available in the "Photoshop Album" disc. Alternatively there are a few applications that can convert various video presentations (powerpoint, etc) to video by capturing the show as a screen recording (like a video "screenshot") during realtime playback. An example of such software would be Camtasia Studio.

By the way, my last several attempts to use this DVDPS4 feature on my sound/slide show of 172 slides mysteriously failed. The process would start and the progress window would begin but not complete. The progress window would just disappear from the screen and the named file would not be created in the desired folder. This process always failed for good quality and now fails for standard quality. I have repeated this failure multiple times!

Not sure why DVDPS4 is failing but you could try outputting the show as a "DVD Folder". If successful, open the DVD Folder and rename "VTS_01_1.VOB" to "VTS_01_1.MPG". This will be an MPEG2 file which will most likely be large in file size. If that poses a problem you could then convert your MPEG2 (using an external converter) to a high compression format like WMV or XVID. FYI, these are not compatible input formats for DVDPS4 but could be played as standalone video clips on most any computer. Most converter apps will allow you to select from a variety of codecs, quality levels and dimensions in pixels as well.
michaeltee
Advisor

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B17
processor: AMD A8-7600 Kaveri 28nm
ram: 16.0 GB DC
Video Card: AMD R7 Graphics
sound_card: IDT High Definition Audio + Breakaway Pipeline
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB SATA 3
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2310m