It's been a while since I've been experiencing this "problem", and I thought it was time to ask once and for all if that can be solved.
I often record TV shows on my PC so I can burn them on DVD later. Sometimes on DVD5s, sometimes on DVD9s. But here is the issue. When I set, for example, my project to DVD5 and the final output size to the upper disc capacity limit, I always get an output folder containg less than 4 GB of data. So, I change my project settings to DVD9 and now, I can set the output to be around 5.2 GB in order to get a 4.35 GB output. Works 95% of the time, the other 5% being a tad too big. DVD Shrink to the rescue then
So far so good, but when I'm doing DVD9 projects and set the output size around 10 GB in order to get an actual output around 8.1 GB, I get this error message :
Whichever option I choose, it forces me to reduce the theorical output size to 8.1 GB, which actually generates a 6.5 GB output. So I lose about 1000-1500 kbps depending on the duration (F1 races actually) and the quality that comes with that data loss. So I went mad after the software and looked everywhere in the options/preferences and found nothing.
So, here is the final question : Is there a way to generate actual 8.1 GB output files with the use of an oversized theorical output size ?
Thank you very much, and I hope someone has an answer.
P.S. This problem does not occur in MovieFactory 3 SE