trackfan wrote:I purchased a boxed version of DMF 6+ in October 2008 directly from Corel. I also noticed that two patches and a hot fix were all released in 2007 to improve the performance. Can anyone tell whether these items need to be installed for my version of DMF 6+, or have these items already been updated with later versions of DMF 6+, making these updates unnecessary?
Welcome to the forums,
First I doubt that Corel has updated the programs to include these fixes, so you might need to install them. I emphasize the might.
The Hotfix should only be installed if you have problems with AVControl SDK during installation. If you did not experience this problem then do not install the hotfix.
Update Patch 1
* Displaying incorrect aspect ratio when importing Panasonic AVCHD files.
* Error message pops up while converting video imported from AVCHD.
If you have those problems listed, then install it, if not, then do not...
Update Patch 2
* The issue with adding "Time" and "Date" info with DV-AVI video is resolved
* Enhanced performance when adding auto-subtitles to DVD+VR format content
* Enhanced performance when on-disc editing DVD-VR discs with CF detection
* The audio issue when exporting HD MOV files is resolved
* The AV sync issue when trimming DivX video is resolved
* The issue of failing to connect Sony PC-1000 DV USB drive after invoking capture DB is resolved
* Enhance .MOV file preview performance
* The issue of converting .MOV file to DVD is resolved
* The issue of saving the changes on the thumbnails of chapter menus is resolved
* An option for ¡§Create HD DVD on DVD disc¡¨ (3XDVD) is added under the drop down list
If you experience any of the above problems, install, otherwise I would not worry about installing it.
Basically if it ain't broke, don't fix it...