NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Beginner GIF Animator Advice

GIF Animator, SmartSaver Pro, Plugins, Applets....

Moderator: VikingAnimations

Beginner GIF Animator Advice

Postby SadEyesBowser » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 am

Hi guys!
I'm new to this site and very new to creating gifs. I recently happened upon this site: http://frakentoaster.github.io/holberto ... about.html
and found two GIFs that I liked. The first one is obviously just a snippet from some animated film. The second however, it seems that the animator has somehow added an animated octopus dancing around. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to make something like this? I think it would be cool if I can learn to make something similar on my own. Thanks in advance for the help!
SadEyesBowser

operating_system: Mac
System_Drive: N/A
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Apple MacBook Pro A1260 Intel Logic Board 820-2249
processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
ram: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
sound_card: Intel High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 320GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Display: 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy w
Corel programs: Corel Digital Studio 2010

Re: Beginner GIF Animator Advice

Postby VikingAnimations » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:35 pm

How to make a dancing octopus isn't a topic for here.

However, if you want to combine two animations, here are some things to remember.

First, they should both contain the same number of frames, or a multiple - if the background animation has 20 frames, for example, the animation you're adding should be either 10 or 20 frames. If it was 10, you'd add it again on frame 11, so it plays smoothly.

Second, the frame delays should be similar, so they appear to be playing at the same speed.

Depending on what you're working with, you may end up having to remove some frames from one of the animations so they combine relatively smoothly. It's a matter of trial end error. There's no easy one method fits all.

You don't mention what software you are using, so that's about all that can be said. If it's Ulead's GIF Animator 5, you'll want to check out my tutorials. If you're using Video editing software, you picked the wrong category on this forum to post.
VikingAnimations

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
processor: AMD A4-6300 APU w. Radeon HD Graphics 3.7 GHz
ram: 4 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Corel programs: Ulead GIF Animator 5.05

Postby AfterShot » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:20 am

To be fair, SadEyesBowser did say that he or she was new, and so most likely doesn't know what topics are relevant and the extent of what is discussed in this forum. As a newbie myself, I can admit that I browsed enough to know that I wanted to join, but can't say I know the extent of what is discussed here and until you mentioned that video editing software is not a topic covered by this forum, I would assume that it possibly is.
AfterShot

operating_system: Windows 10
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby BrianCee » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:31 am

not at all sure where you read that we do not discuss Video editing on these forums - Videostudio was the very first forum added here when this board was set up and continues to be one of the major discussion areas

you can find the Videostudio forum here - - - viewforum.php?f=1

Vikinganimations is simply saying that the GIF animator forum is not the place to discuss video editing but that it should be posted in the Videostudio section

My VideoStudio demo videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrianCee
BrianCee

ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10

Postby VikingAnimations » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:18 am

Exactly what Brian said.

Assembling an animation is easy. How you create the images within the animation is the tricky part. It can be done with a large variety of software, and how you do it has endless possibilities. The only limits are those of the software being used, and the skill level of the person using it.
VikingAnimations

Postby AfterShot » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:16 am

VikingAnimations wrote:If you're using Video editing software, you picked the wrong forum to post.

Ah ok, well that was confusing. We newbies see this as subcategories to one overall forum and not separate forums themselves. So when he said wrong forum, I assumed he meant the entire Corel forum. My mistake. But yes, you're right, the GIF forum is not the place for a video editing software question.
AfterShot

32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby VikingAnimations » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:36 pm

I've corrected my earlier post to read, "you picked the wrong category on this forum to post."
VikingAnimations

Return to GIF Animator & Web Utilities