NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

giff animator

GIF Animator, SmartSaver Pro, Plugins, Applets....

Moderator: VikingAnimations

giff animator

Postby Pete Waterman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:02 am

Ive just been looking around the ulead site & came across this http://www.ulead.com/ga/plugin.htm#1
Back by Popular Demand!

Ulead F/X for GIF Animator is a plug-in product designed exclusively for Ulead GIF Animator, which gives you 90 amazing transition effects and 40 animated image filters. Convert simple images into eye-catching animations. This plug-in works with GIF Animator versions 2.0 up to 5.0.

My version is 5.05 came with photoimpact does anyone know how & where i can get the missing filters & effects, when i say missing i mean the ones that does not come with ver 5.05
thanks
Pete
Pete Waterman

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: Intel Core i7 7700
ram: 12gb
Video Card: AMD Radeo R5 435
sound_card: Realtek alc888s-VD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 3 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung

Postby VikingAnimations » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:15 am

There are no missing filters or effects in 5.05. It's the same as 5.0. The filters section is blank for both. If you have Photoshop or a program that has Photoshop compatible plugins, that's what the Filters section is for. You can add filters by going to File, Preferences...

Note that not all Photoshop filters will work with GA 5. Some do, some don't.

The F/X for GIF Animator are more of the same things you'll find if you click, "Video F/X" in 5.05. Some are duplicates of the ones that come with GA 5.

If you purchase the F/X package, it will install GIF Animator 3.0a - you will then have to manually copy and paste the files from:
C:\Program Files\Ulead GIF Animator 3.0a\Vft_plug
and
C:\Program Files\Ulead GIF Animator 3.0a\Vfx_plug
to the corresponding folders in your GA 5 installation:
C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead PhotoImpact your-version-here\AnyGif\

You will then find those F/X in GA 5, under Video F/X. (If you add those files with GA 5 open, you will have to close it and reopen.)

I hope that explains things! :wink:
VikingAnimations

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
processor: AMD A4-6300 APU w. Radeon HD Graphics 3.7 GHz
ram: 4 GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Corel programs: Ulead GIF Animator 5.05

Postby Pete Waterman » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:14 am

Thanks for the reply
(i am begining to hate this site third time of typing this go to submit post & it either times out or the site is down & all is lost its time COREL sorted it)
sorry about that
Wright so have i got the correct in my ver 5.05 in the video V/X tab there are 27 F/X within the tab below Image
in the filter tab none as standard (i have to import then myself)
so where are the (90 amazing transition effects and 40 animated image filters.) is there a tab that come out to play when i do a certain task?
sorry if i seen slow but this is new to me, so please feel free to type slow & i will try to keep up :lol:
god i hope this post get there ???
Pete Waterman

Postby VikingAnimations » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:58 am

Well, I have to ask... Did you purchase and install F/X For GIF Animator? It does not come with version 5.

As for the site's painful slowness, we (the volunteer moderators and admins) have been after Corel to do something about that for some time now. Steve and Ron are still working on getting Corel to do something. Very annoying, we know...

*Edited to add: Well, it seems there is absolutely no link to purchase it. How stupid is that? Why have it on the Ulead site if you can't get it? :roll:
VikingAnimations

Postby Pete Waterman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:01 am

Ahh ok any idea how & where i can get it ???
I know the speed of the sit is down to Corel treating all its costomers with contempt, & its got nothing to do with any of the moderators i think you all do a great job.
When will Corel see that the people that use this site are there bread & butter, it us that help pay there bills ?
Pete Waterman

Postby VikingAnimations » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Since Corel has decided to no longer sell F/X for GIF Animator, (yet still has it on their site), your best bet is to look for a copy for sale on eBay or the like. I searched the Ulead/Corel site, nowhere to be found for download or sale.

As for Corel's massive short-sightedness, I'm pretty sure it's chronic and incurable. While you can apparently still purchase Ulead GA 5, it's not obvious. And it's still no longer supported or being developed. That's a shame, as it's the best GIF animation software I've seen. Dropping that was sheer stupidity.
VikingAnimations

Postby eddiemae » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:04 am

I totally agree with you Robert!! Gif Animator is THE best animation program, and I am really sorry that it is not going to be updated.
What is Corel thinking, are they stupid or what! They have a jewel in their hands and they just can't see it, makes me feel like shouting at them WAKE UP IDIOTS!!
eddiemae

Postby tatie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:14 pm

eddiemae wrote:I totally agree with you Robert!! Gif Animator is THE best animation program, and I am really sorry that it is not going to be updated.
What is Corel thinking, are they stupid or what! They have a jewel in their hands and they just can't see it, makes me feel like shouting at them WAKE UP IDIOTS!!

un petit bonjour de la France :D

Hello! I'd just take the information about UGA.

I agree with you!

I love this software

but it needs some improvements

how? :(
tatie

Postby VikingAnimations » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:30 am

Corel has discontinued support and development of GIF Animator. So you'll have to enjoy it as it is.

The odds of Corel actually grabbing a brain and keeping it alive are slim to none. You have better odds of winning the lottery. I'd love to tell you otherwise, but such is not the case.
VikingAnimations

Return to GIF Animator & Web Utilities