NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Pro X9 Library Icons

Moderators: lata, Ken Berry

Pro X9 Library Icons

Postby sekjr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:37 pm

How do I remove the icons in the EDIT Library - so that they don't come back when I boot up again!

I deleted most of them, but a few stayed behind, and won't stay away when I delete them...
sekjr

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 4GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 150GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer AL2216W
Corel programs: Videostudio Pro X4

Re: Pro X9 Library Icons

Postby asik1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 pm

What icons? and why to they bother you?
asik1

motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Corel programs: X9.2

Postby sekjr » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:02 am

hahahahhaa

all clips, titles I make, snapshots, become icons in the Library whether I want them or not. I want only the ones I use over and over again. What is interesting is that MOST of them I was able to delete, but about 20 of them are still showing. I can't get rid of them!

Is it possible to delete the icons permanently? I will never use them!
sekjr

Postby Ken Berry » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:32 am

Are the ones that come back each time or remain the ones that are installed as part of Video Studio?

To remove things permanently from the library you normally have to hold down the Shift key when you press delete. You get a message asking if you want to remove the associated clip, which is then deleted completely both from the library and the compute, so probably need a backup somewhere for the ones you might want to use again.

Otherwise, I get the impression you are not making a new library for each project. That's what I do. Then all the video, audio, photos, titles etc associated with a project appear as a new library windows. And when the project is finished, you can delete the whole library, and make a new one for the next project. Have you been doing that?
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B0F
processor: Core i3-4130T 2.9 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 710A
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: AOC 28" 1920 x 1080
Corel programs: VS X10; PSP 2018; MS3D; ASP 3

Postby sekjr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 pm

When X9 is loaded for the 1st time, the Library is loaded with icons for images and songs. I have no use for them so I right click and delete them.

Now I have an empty Library.

I do my work and have different video clips etc in the Library from my work. I delete them and go on to another project. I do my work and have different video clips etc in the Library from THAT work . When I am done with my work I delete the icons. I shut down for the day.

Next morning I boot up and there in the Library are not only some of the X9 icons that I had deleted, but some of my icons that I had erased from my work!

Where they came from is beyond me! considering I had deleted all the previous day!

As for your suggestion on making new librarys, once I finish a project, I clear the Library for a new project to begin. I have no need to go back...
sekjr

Postby BJC » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:00 pm

The thumbnails in the library are not the actual video clips, they are just an icon holding the link to where the actual images are, so by deleting the thumbnails you are just deleting a pictorial link, you may need to delete the actual clips etc but do be aware if you delete some of the supplied clips which appear by default in the library's but do be aware that videostudio may throw a wobbly when starting as it reads the instruction to load a clip in the library

what most of us do is just accept the one default samples library and let it alone , it is not hurting anything , just ignore it Just create new libraries for each project and put the relevant clips in there, when videostudio starts just open the library relevant to the project you are using that will open and the samples one close

when the project is complete just delete the actual library you created for it,, library gone clips gone . create as many new libraries as you need at that time

just learn to live with the "Samples" library and not use it at all
BJC

operating_system: Windows 8.1
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

Postby lata » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi
Using CVSX8 and earlier versions - Samples Library

We are able to remove / delete all clips, re-booting the program does not add any clips to the library. The Samples Library will be empty.

CVSX9 Library Samples.
I believe the 9.5 service pack altered things, now deleting all clips will populate the library when rebooting the program. This only affects the Samples provided by the program not user files.

As mentioned earlier by Ken and BJC…..the best option is to create a new library page by hitting the “+ add” option, give the page a name...
Video Studio will display the last used library page when launching the program, that should help as you never need to go to the samples library. At least that's what I see.
Deleting user files will not return when re-booting the program, the library will be empty.

We can create extra library pages, one for each project if we wished to do that, good file management.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby sekjr » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Thank you all for the thorough and complete help. On your suggestions, what I did was right click on an unwanted repeated icon, and clicked on 'Locate on computer'

The Directory came up showing the actual folder where these samples are. For the complete location I right-clicked on one in the Directory and clicked on Properties. I deleted them there.

NOW when I boot up, the icons re-appear - but with the yellow square in the upper left corner. I delete those. When I reboot - they STILL show up!!!

I don't know how to make 'new librarys'... You don't give enough detail about this "+ add" option - where it is, what does it do...
sekjr

Postby lata » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi

Well most do not bother deleting the samples from the library so do not encounter these problems.
Your only options are to replace the files you removed, or re-install the program, that will install the missing files.

The Add option is at the top of the library immediately above the Samples lists.
What does it do? it creates a new empty library page where you can add a and remove your files whenever you want.

Add Library.jpg
click image for larger view.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

Postby sekjr » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Thank you for the new tip - however - I insist that it is a setting somewhere somehow because:

I use two different model computers - both HP with X9 loaded.

One does exactly as I described - when I delete icons - they don't come back on reboot.

The other brings them back on a reboot -

so it has to be a setting somewhere I would think...

Thanks...
sekjr

Postby lata » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi

What versions of Video Studio are you running? go to Help About.
It is possible that the options not to delete the clips were applied after a service pack?
But certainly there are no buttons you can push to change the way the library works.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

Postby sekjr » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm using Ver19.7.0.12 - altho it doesn't say 'Ver'...

Thanks for all your help so far, but I really have to say something about the way you describe things.

I'm an engineer, so I like to think that I am pretty precise in the way I describe things in detail - so there is no misunderstanding in what I am trying to say.

Now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, that the software you are using may be different from what I am using, but I would think X9 is X9!

I asked above:
"I don't know how to make 'new librarys'... You don't give enough detail about this "+ add" option - where it is, what does it do..."

You replied:
"The Add option is at the top of the library immediately above the Samples lists.
What does it do? it creates a new empty library page where you can add a and remove your files whenever you want."

So I looked at that and saw:

+ Add
Samples
Folder

So I clicked on '+ Add', and what happened? immediately below, it added Folders(2)! I look at this and wondered - what do I do now.

You said nothing about that!

All you said was " it creates a new empty library page where you can add a and remove your files whenever you want." -- nothing about adding a Folders(2) to the list.

AND that clicking on it - or any of the other items in that 'list' will display the contents of what you clicked on.

Clicking on Samples displayed the sample icons in the Library that came with the software.
Clicking on Folder showed an empty Library to which can be added any stuff.
Right-clicking on the 'Folder' allowed renaming it!

Clicking on '+ Add' creates a NEW FOLDER the contents of which are displayed in the Library, for convenient content the user can add to, subtract from, as required. These folders return on each bootup if not deleted with a right click. Only the Samples 'folder' maintains it's contents.

It's this lack or skipping of details in the steps of explanation that cause a lot of frustration to users, because the instruction writer 'assumes' these steps are known - which is not the case with someone new at this.

Oh yes, I suppose I could find these answers in the book. But I would have the same frustration there -- steps left out!

Thank goodness I have you to rant to, and quickly get my answers!

I am smiling now...

Thank you!!!
sekjr

Return to VideoStudio