NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

French MUIHelper.dll

Moderators: lata, Ken Berry

French MUIHelper.dll

Postby JaRo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:44 am

Hi everyone,

Since last Feb 2016, lost of people have had problems with Windows Update (see : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58668&start=240).

The solutions to correct all these were provided by « Dawncold » and Trevor (lata) (see above link and : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59131&hilit=MUIHelper.zip#p324598).

Although VideoStudio Ultimate X6 and below are now functional, the problem remains for some of us users. Indeed, the MUIHelper.dll provided change the language to English. Does anyone has been provided with the French MUIHelper.dll from Corel ?
VS Ultimate X4,X5,X6,X8. MotionStudio 3D, CorelDRAW X5, PHOTO-PAINT X5, PaintShop Pro X4
Lots of free stuff, explanatory documents : https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqzpHEzjQAwYkFiTJS6xeWPbPBsM
JaRo

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUS K556U
processor: Core i5
ram: 12 Go
Video Card: NVidia GEForce 940mx
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Corel programs: VS, Draw, PaintShop, Motion 3D

Re: French MUIHelper.dll

Postby BrianCee » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:22 am

I always understood that the language used in Videostudio was set by the language setting in your WINDOWS settings - indeed I seem to remember some members changing their programme language by changing the Windows setting only - might be worth trying resetting the language of Windows

or better still of course perhaps we have someone whose programme is in French that can copy it here

My VideoStudio demo videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrianCee
BrianCee

ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10

Postby asik1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:45 am

BrianCee wrote:I always understood that the language used in Videostudio was set by the language setting in your WINDOWS settings - indeed I seem to remember some members changing their programme language by changing the Windows setting only - might be worth trying resetting the language of Windows

or better still of course perhaps we have someone whose programme is in French that can copy it here

Not totally so Brian, if you look in the VS installation folder you will find 5-6 languages folders with various files (I can't show it here as I delete them, keeping only en-US)
asik1

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Corel programs: X9.2

Postby BrianCee » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:01 am

Yes and Videostudio uses whichever of those folders the Windows language is set to - doesn't help here though as the MUIHelper file is not in those
BrianCee

Postby JaRo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:08 pm

BrianCee wrote:I always understood that the language used in Videostudio was set by the language setting in your WINDOWS settings - indeed I seem to remember some members changing their programme language by changing the Windows setting only - might be worth trying resetting the language of Windows

Good afternoon Brian,

All my Windows settings are in French. Windows Explorer and 95% of my softwares are : CorelDRAW / PHOTO-PAINT / MotionStudio 3D / PaintShop Pro (that I can change from French to English as I wish), etc..

My only hope seems to be that someone could provide a MUIHelper.dll in the French language after that Corel has posted something to correct the problems with Windows Updates. We are six people in this family and it is not all of them who can use English. This applies also to the person that had his software in the Chinese language and after copying this « dll » has it in the English language.

I respect very much Corel, but I think they should be able to provide something to correct all these language problems.
VS Ultimate X4,X5,X6,X8. MotionStudio 3D, CorelDRAW X5, PHOTO-PAINT X5, PaintShop Pro X4
Lots of free stuff, explanatory documents : https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqzpHEzjQAwYkFiTJS6xeWPbPBsM
JaRo

motherboard: ASUS K556U
processor: Core i5
ram: 12 Go
Video Card: NVidia GEForce 940mx
sound_card: Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Corel programs: VS, Draw, PaintShop, Motion 3D

Postby BrianCee » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:09 pm

Since Corel did not provide the MUIHelper fix - and possibly do not approve of it - they are very unlikely to fix the language problem

Corel have been quite clear - they no longer support Videostudio X6 or any earlier versions of Videostudio and will not be issuing any fixes or updates for those

Corels answer to the problem is to suggest you upgrade to X9 and for a while offered that to users of older versions at a very attractive price
BrianCee

Return to VideoStudio