Re: VideoStudio Pro - Wishlist for Version X7

Postby Old_Friend on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:57 am

I'm curious.

When VS X4 was released, was there a topic named "Wishlist for VS X5"?

If there was, and users added their issues and desired enchancements to the wishlist, has anybody taken the time to find out exactly what (or IF) Corel incorporated into X5 based upon user suggestions?

I bought VS Pro X5 Ultimate and I noticed the long wishlist for fixes/enhancements to a future version "X6," but now that X6 is released, I don't see that Corel paid any attention whatsoever to this forums' "wishlist"! They added a couple of new things but as far as I can tell, they still have their heads up their *****.

They NEVER fixed reported issues or offered any other enhancements to VS Pro X5 by providing several patchs! For X5, they released only 1 single patch, and it was a very lame one at that! Instead, they simply bypassed the effort to provide customer product support and are now selling X6, leaving us who paid for X5 screwed. To upgrade from X5 to X6 costs the same amount of money that I paid for X5 --- which is an absurd amount for a current user to upgrade! It's rediculous the way they operate.

Users who bought and own X5 Pro should pay no more than 40% of the retail cost of X6 to upgrade to it, or even less, since X6 probably includes most of the unresolved issues reported by users of version X5 (plus, new ones in X6!). What a gimmick they run.

My "wish" for X7 Pro would be that Corel would wake up to reality and perform as a responsible company and to offer Quality, REAL SUPPORT OPTIONS without charge to customers who paid for that product, and to reward them with significant discounts towards upgrading from a current version to the next version. But mostly, Corel should provide tested updates in a timely manner (not just once-per-year!) to current products. Users shouldn't be forced into discarding a paid-for product merely because Corel wants to force people into buying an "unknown" product (which Corel calls a "new" version).

Over the years, Corel has certainly lost its reputation. I remember how it used to be many years ago before the stockmarket bottom line became the foremost thought in their minds. I still like some of the Corel products; I just do not like they way they are exploiting their customer base merely for profit. Except for the quality support on this/these forums, Corel's support is non-existant.
MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, CPU: Intel Corei5 (2500K), GPU: Intel Onboard, SND: Onboard, CPU COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
PSU: Seasonic X650W 80+Gold, RAM: G.SKILL 8GB-F3, CASE: LIAN LI A70F, OS: Windows7 64-bit, IE9, VStudio Pro X5 Ultimate
Old_Friend

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
processor: Intel Corei5 2500K
ram: 8GB
Video Card: Intel Onboard
sound_card: Intel Onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer H233H - 23" HDMI

Postby RobertOZ on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 am

Unless I'm missing something, the ability to render sections of your project in the timeline, this would stop the stuttering when using multiple timelines, this is a standard feature in Adobe Premiere Elements and CyberLink PowerDirector.
When selecting fx filters the drop down box indicates all the filter folders installed, however only the first 20 folders can be accessed as individual content, for the remaining it is necessary to search through all the fx filters to find the one needed, please make all folders accessible.

Robert
RobertOZ

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION 2A86 1.04E01
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 930
ram: 16GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 5770
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 7.5TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Benq E2420HD

Postby BrianCee on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 am

Maybe I am mis-understanding you Robert

first you can render sections of the timeline into individual files - first set the mark in/mark out markers under the preview window so you get the orange line over the timeline above the section you want to render - then when you go Share >> Create Video File" choose 'preview range' instead of 'Entire Project' from the options.

Second - in my FX library I see 94 thumbnails which as far as I can tell are all that are installed - do you not have at least 90 in your library pane.

My VideoStudio demo videos - - - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrianCee
BrianCee
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8.1
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP

Postby RobertOZ on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 am

Thank you Brian, for that information on timeline rendering, I just could not work out how to do it, the help manual is a bit lacking

I have 141 fx filters ( I have added a few additional New Blue fx folders) in 23 folders, now all 23 folders appear in the drop down box, but only the first 20 folders can be accessed, ie, if I click on the folder named Motion Effects, then only those effects in that folder display, however if I click on folder New Blue Video Essentials V, which is folder No 22 in the list, instead of it showing only the contents of that folder, it reverts back to ÁLL' meaning I have to search through all 141 effects to find the one I want.

Robert
RobertOZ

Postby BrianCee on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 am

Our systems are obviously quite different - I only appear to have 18 folders and the number of FX's in each folder are :-

94 in All
6 - in 2D mapping
3 - in 3D texture mapping
7 - in Adjust
14 - in camera lens
7 - in Corel FX
9 - in Darkroom
3 - in Focus
7 - in Nature Painting
5 - in NewBlue Sampler Effects
9 - in NewBlue Video Essentials
1 - in NewBlue Video Essentials II
8 - in Special
27 - in Title Effects
4 - in proDAD
1 - in NewBlue Video Essentials V
1 - in NewBlue ColorFast
9 - in NewBlue Motion Effects

I am not saying mine is correct - just that it is different from yours

BrianCee
Site Admin

Postby RobertOZ on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:36 pm

This is my list Brian

141 in All
6 - in 2D mapping
3 - in 3D texture mapping
7 - in Adjust
14 - in camera lens
7 - in Corel FX
9 - in Darkroom
3 - in Focus
7 - in Nature Painting
5 - in NewBlue Sampler Effects
9 - in NewBlue Video Essentials
1 - in NewBlue Video Essentials II
8 - in Special
27 - in Title Effects
4 - in proDAD
10 - in NewBlue Video Essentials V
1 - in NewBlue ColorFast
9 - in NewBlue Motion Effects
5 - New Blue Film Effects
1 - New Blue Stabilizer
10 - New Blue Video Essentials 3
10 - New Blue Video Essentials 4
10 - New Blue Video Essentials 6

As the total number of effects is greater than that shown under the ÁLL' category, then some effects are included under more than one heading, applies to your list as well

Now coming back to rendering in the timeline, as per your instructions, I set the mark in/mark out to obtain the range I wanted to render and the orange line appeared then I selected , Share >> Create Video File , but under that heading I do not have the option to choose Preview Range or Entire Project, am I missing something here? but I am not sure this is what I want anyway.
In Premiere Elements 11, A green line always appears above the timeline, when you add effects to portions of the clip, the green line turns orange, indicating that that portions require rendering to play smoothly. you then select render timeline and the orange section only is rendered in the timeline, when finished the line turns green again and the clip plays smoothly, no separate file is created, I believe that CyberLink PowerDirector works on a similar principle.

Robert
RobertOZ

Postby BrianCee on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 pm

re selective rendering

After you have done "Share >> Create Video file" and the Create Video File window opens down in the bottom right corner is an 'options' button - clicking on that will open another small dialogue window with the entire project/preview range choice in it.

BrianCee
Site Admin

Postby rwernyei on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Wishlist features to be added to VSPX7 would be the following:
1) Make Painting Creator more like MediaStudio Pro's Video Paint module or VideoGraphics Lab.
2) Overlay Options like MediaStudio Pro with Type(Color, Luma, Chroma, Alpha, Gray, Multiply, Add, Subtract, Difference, Blue Screen), Mask(Overlay Clip, Video Matte, Image Matte) and Invert.
3) Playback Options for Instant Playback to a Dual Head Device
4) Preview Playback Options for External playback device to a Dual Head Device.
5) Multicam editing that automatically synchronizes video containing audio or separate audio recorded from a portable recorder and aligns them on the timeline.
rwernyei

Postby RobertOZ on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 am

Hi Brian,

Re Selective Rendering.

Understand now how to render a selective portion of a project, thank you.
However, this form of rendering creates a new file where individual timelines cannot be edited. What is needed is a timeline rendering process, where selected portions of the timeline can be rendered within the project, allowing further editing to each timeline to be carried out after rendering, this is what can be achieved in Premiere Elements (I normally use 2 or 3 NLE's to create a project using the best features from each).
If I am using 4 or 5 timelines with effects being used on each, the preview starts stuttering or completely stops, so it is impossible to see the finished results. With Premiere Elements, when this happens, all that needs to be done is select 'Render' that portion is rendered within the project allowing smooth playback and you can continue editing that sequence, until such time as it is necessary to render again, this can be carried out as many times as required to achieve the desired result, this is all completed without creating any additional files.

Robert
RobertOZ

Postby classicax on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:19 pm

The one feature that would cause my wallet to open up and pay for an upgrade would be to have the ripple feature ripple multi-trim edits down to the subordinate tracks, especially the audio tracks. I do demo videos for my own and other bands using the video from a HD camera with the audio off on the video track and a multi channel discrete recording mix down on the audio track. As soon as you try to chop up a long session into shorter 1-2 min segments with transitions, since the audio track does not follow the trimmed clips, it's royal pain in the arse'. Along the same vain, there should be a way to completely mute the audio of any of the tracks (including the video track). Presently, at least in X4, the only way to mute the video audio when saving is to edit the volume in the sound mixer. And even that just drops the volume significantly but not completely. I tried X6 and these features appear to still be missing.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://youtu.be/P2TIW-TfkmE

Best regards,
Karl
classicax

Postby Terfyn on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Am I wrong? I thought ripple editing was an existing feature. I have used it in VSX5
I can also mute any track that has audio with the video.
You could also apply colour correction to rebalance the red tinge.
Suggest you download X6.

Did you take the audio from the mixer feed or was it the camera mic?
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
Terfyn

motherboard: ASUSTeK P8H61-MX
processor: Intel Corei5-2320
ram: 8Gb
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210
sound_card: NVIDIA High Def Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1000 Gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Hanns G

Postby MIKEL on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Very difficult to use RTL languages like Hebrew and Arabic.
There are more than a billion of us that right in a RTL language - I have to write things backward but that doesn't help the animation.
Mike
Many thanks
Mike
MIKEL

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
motherboard: ASUS P6X5bl Premium
processor: Intel i7 930
ram: 6GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GEForce 8500
sound_card: Built in 5.1 surround
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2.5TB

VideoStudio Pro - Wishlist for Version X7-Pan & Zoom Keyfram

Postby lata on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Pan and Zoom Keyframe selections.

If we set several keyframes to the same screen location they sit on top of each other a bit like working with layers, however selecting a lower frame always selects the top one. Not the one we require. The timeline shows this by changing the selected keyfarme.

To see this problem, add a photo to the timeline, apply Pan & Zoom—Customise
There will be two keyframes, start and end, set both to the centre using the anchor points. Now try moving the end keyframe, that is the red cross on screen, not the timeline. As soon as you select it the first frame is selected.

One workround would be to move the frame by using the “Anchor Points” which allows us to get hold of the frame and move it.

Allowing the Keyboard arrow keys to move frames would also help and probably more accurate than dragging the mouse.
Mouse selection just does not work.
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A78-CM Rev X.0x
processor: 2.20 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core
ram: 4 gb
Video Card: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics [Display adapter]
sound_card: on board--VIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 off 500G
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]

Postby AussieTX on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:42 am

An additional vote for lata's suggestion above!
Jack of all trades,
Master of none!
AussieTX

operating_system: Windows 8
motherboard: Gigybyte 990FXA-UD3
processor: AMD FX8350
ram: 16 Gig
Video Card: Assus HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
sound_card: On Board Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 T

Basic operations from any software

Postby milosh on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Copying video blocks by holding Shift, Grouping by Ctrl+G

and many more basic operations from any other serious video or audio editing software.

More tools for precise moving and positioning instead of doing everything just more or less. There should be some kind of preperties bar at least showing position or timing 'distance' when you move blocks or move position on screen.
Graphic Designer, Web designer and playing with Video and Audio mixing and editing as well.
Currently works at http://www.CarrickSigns.co.uk.
milosh

PreviousNext

Return to VideoStudio