Youtube upload limit

Postby harryball on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 am

I'm now running X5, I must say it is much faster. However, when I try to upload to youtube there is a 15 minute limit and the only option I have is to let it clip the video to 15 minutes or cancel (i.e. I can't render the video and then cancel the upload and do it manually because it CLIPPED the output to 15 minutes)

So, I try to create a template to use for Create Video File so it will match my other uploads. I can't set the frame width and height. Without a template the Create Video File, mp4 etc... the default is 1920x... In the Make Movie Template the highest I can set it is 720x... the custom size is greyed out. I don't understand (and maybe I don't know) why I can't set the video parameters to anything I want them to be. Why is 720x the highest available...

In X5...
Is there a way to turn off the 15 minute limit?
Is there a way to HACK and turn off the limit?
Is there a way to create the videos and set the settings where I want them so they match my previous uploads?

Note, the "cancel the upload after file created" trick no longer works. If you think I can create a template, please give me a few pointers on what I'm doing wrong that I can't set the parameters.

/RB
harryball

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: Youtube upload limit

Postby lata on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:58 am

Hi

I dont know how to turn off the 15 min limit

Yes you can use Make Movie Templates Manager to create a template to the standard You Tube settings.

MPEG-4 Files
24 bits, 1280 x 720, 30 fps
Frame-based
H.264 High Profile Video: 5000 Kbps
44100 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo
MPEG AAC Audio: 128 Kbps

Open Make Movie Templates Manager
1 / New
2 / File Format to MPEG-4 Files
3 / give it a name
4 / Compression tab—Video Type H.264-high
5 / General tab Frame size to 1280 x 720, set frame rates to match your video, I use 25fps
6 / Compression tab—Data rate to 5000 for max quality
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A78-CM Rev X.0x
processor: 2.20 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core
ram: 4 gb
Video Card: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics [Display adapter]
sound_card: on board--VIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 off 500G
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]

Postby pvreditor on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:59 pm

I have LOTS of videos on YouTube, and there is a limit on the length you can upload until you post a certain number of videos and have a good standing on the site. I can now upload videos as long as 20 minutes. I think the 15-minute limit is enforced by YouTube and is not a function of VideoStudio.

Bob Kovacs
http://www.bobkovacs.com
pvreditor

processor: Intel i7
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

Postby lata on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi Bob

Video Studio enforces the time limit by not allowing you to create/render the video if its over 15 minutes. In fact will trim the video to match 15 minutes. Strange goings on?

At one time VS limit was 10 minutes even though You Tube allowed 15 minutes.

I cannot understand why Corel apply the limit, a warning before you hit save would be sufficient.
lata
Site Admin

motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3A78-CM Rev X.0x
processor: 2.20 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core
ram: 4 gb
Video Card: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics [Display adapter]
sound_card: on board--VIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 off 500G
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]

Postby pvreditor on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:39 pm

lata wrote:Hi Bob

Video Studio enforces the time limit by not allowing you to create/render the video if its over 15 minutes. In fact will trim the video to match 15 minutes. Strange goings on?

At one time VS limit was 10 minutes even though You Tube allowed 15 minutes.

I cannot understand why Corel apply the limit, a warning before you hit save would be sufficient.

I mentioned in another response that I don't use the YouTube upload feature built into VS. I render to whatever format I want (typically MPEG4), play it back to be sure it's okay, then go to YouTube to sign in and upload from there. That seems a simple enough workaround.

I guess that I never do trust one-click upload solutions for YouTube, Facebook or other sites. Is there really a time/effort savings from using the YouTube upload feature built into VS?

Anyway, my recommendation is to treat uploads to YouTube as you would sex: The old-fashioned way gets the job done every time.

Bob Kovacs
http://www.bobkovacs.com
pvreditor

processor: Intel i7
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

Postby msela on Thu May 31, 2012 7:36 am

Changing the default time of saving only 15 Min to YouTube in VideoStudio

The default time is common to software that has share option. Kindly try this workaround in troubleshooting the issue.

1. Go to
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X5\Ulead.dat OR
C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Pro X5\Ulead.dat

2. Then open YouTube.ini

3. Change the default value of MAX_LIMIT_FILE_DURATION_MIN = 300 (for 5 hours, or any other number)

4. Save (Must have the same file name and type)
if can't save then save to any other place and then copy, with Administrators privilege, to the proper location (2).

5. Optional: You can also change the maximum file size on this file. You may need to change it if your file size is more than 2048MB (2GB). I have changed to 8192 (8GB)
msela

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate

Return to VideoStudio