edrizz wrote:I just puchased Corel VideoStudio X5 after using Pinnacle Studio for 10 years since their version 7 came out 2002. I am sure I am accustomed to Pinnacle, but after my first large project with Corel I have the following suggestions:
* More fully integrate the DVD Menus/burning software into the editing software. X5 seems to have very crude integration with the burning software (requiring 2 saves, Menu changes don't always stick, not very intuitive, etc.).
* Add the Pinnacle-like "Smart Movie" feature into the product. I loved that feature as a quick way to create an exciting video to music with very little time or effort.
* If you name the chapter points in the Chapter Point Manager, provide an option to carry those names over to the DVD menu as chapter names.
* Have a fast forward and a fast rewite button on the video viewer within the editor. Want the type that you can click on multiple times to go faster and faster. Should hear a sped up version of the sound when doing so.
* When creating a disc or other output from a project, rather then just giving an indicator of whether the project might fit on the output media, give an option to automatically adjust the quality of the output to fit on the media.
* A way to eliminate background hiss from the soundtrack.
+1 to this. I just found out the chapter marks in the timeline do not carry to the built in DVD program. They work fine on MovieFactory 7 SE which came with X3. So this is a step backwards. So if they must be integrated into the same app window, integrate the apps (not like MS office
). Chapters, thumbnail point, chapter names should carry over and the DVD setting should be easier (you would have to go one step further with the the timeline to support multiple videos/projects, like MEP MX, to really have a one project solution)
And a ++1 on the DVD program saying my HD videos will not fit in a DVD. Tell me what it looks like with my encoding settings, not the source!
Corrections: The direct timeline works, MPG files do not. But do not edit the file. You will loose most of the menu customizations you made (like chapter names), the chapters remain, but all of the DVD info is gone (backgrounds, names). Given what was changed on the time line, what is lost makes no sense.