Re: VideoStudio Pro X6 - Wishlist for future versions.

Postby Kingston on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 am

immerjan wrote:
horizonstar wrote:One more function suggestion:

Mute a group of clips, instead mute them one by one.

oh yes, please!!

In the X5 Ultimate version, you get the NewBlueFX Audio Scrubbers, which includes the Noise Fader filter. You can apply that filter to one clip, then copy and paste to selected clips. Set Threshold to 0 dB and Fade to 100.
MotionStudio 3D 1.0; Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X7 (w/o sp1) (Download), Corel PaintShop Pro 15.2.0.12 (Download)
Kingston

operating_system: Windows 8.1
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Gateway [Acer] DX4860
processor: Intel Core i5 3rd gen. 3 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel HD 2500
sound_card: Bluetooth
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell ST2210; Samsung SmartTV 3D 40"

Postby rbmoving on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Would like to have a User personalized Default setting that each time VS is opened the Time Line ZOOM instead of the now 1 Sec View.....a user could set to their perference ie 8 secs, etc.

When a Scene\clip.... is added to the Timeline, I would like to see a mark on that Scene\Clip in the Library that shows that scene\clip has been inserted in your project. It could be as simple as a red Check mark on the scene in the Library
rbmoving

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby Luna Esterhuizen on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Please the option to create BD iso like with DVDs. The folders option is too bulky to keep for backup purposes and the play back of iso's much easier to handle. Thanks
L E
Luna Esterhuizen

operating_system: Windows 8
motherboard: Asus G750JH LAPTOP
processor: Intel Core i7 4700HQ CPU 2.40GHz
ram: 16GB DDR3
Video Card: GEFORCE GTX 780M 4GB
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS LED 1920x1080

Postby df on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 am

Do away with all of the Project Properties (Settings> Project Properties). According to Austin from Corel Tech Support they don't have any affect on the final rendering anyways (makes sense since you can change anything at the point of rendering). It's just a bunch of stuff to monkey with that doesn't make any difference and gets everyone confused.
Regards, Dan

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
df

motherboard: ECS MCP61M-M3 7.0
processor: 3.10 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X2 550
ram: 16gb
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost
sound_card: onboard sound
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4+ Tb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Acer X223W & Acer X203H & HDTV

Postby edrizz on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:35 am

I just puchased Corel VideoStudio X5 after using Pinnacle Studio for 10 years since their version 7 came out 2002. I am sure I am accustomed to Pinnacle, but after my first large project with Corel I have the following suggestions:

* More fully integrate the DVD Menus/burning software into the editing software. X5 seems to have very crude integration with the burning software (requiring 2 saves, Menu changes don't always stick, not very intuitive, etc.).

* Add the Pinnacle-like "Smart Movie" feature into the product. I loved that feature as a quick way to create an exciting video to music with very little time or effort.

* If you name the chapter points in the Chapter Point Manager, provide an option to carry those names over to the DVD menu as chapter names.

* Have a fast forward and a fast rewite button on the video viewer within the editor. Want the type that you can click on multiple times to go faster and faster. Should hear a sped up version of the sound when doing so.

* When creating a disc or other output from a project, rather then just giving an indicator of whether the project might fit on the output media, give an option to automatically adjust the quality of the output to fit on the media.

* A way to eliminate background hiss from the soundtrack.
edrizz

motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia 1.01
processor: 2.50 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad
ram: 6GB
Video Card: Intel G33 G31 Chipset
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 640GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP 2509m

Postby Kingston on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:49 am

A way to eliminate background hiss from the soundtrack.

There's already a hiss reduction filter. You need to split the audio from the video, then you'll get access to the Audio Filters menu item when right-click the audio clip on the timeline.
MotionStudio 3D 1.0; Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X7 (w/o sp1) (Download), Corel PaintShop Pro 15.2.0.12 (Download)
Kingston

operating_system: Windows 8.1
motherboard: Gateway [Acer] DX4860
processor: Intel Core i5 3rd gen. 3 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Intel HD 2500
sound_card: Bluetooth
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell ST2210; Samsung SmartTV 3D 40"

Postby edrizz on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:32 am

Thanks for the tip on the audio filters! That hiss reduction filter is just what I was looking for. I know I have a lot yet to learn about this Corel software.
edrizz

Postby edrizz on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:32 am

I would like to see the capability to burn DVD Folders (_TS files) in X6. Corel X5 can create Disc Images (ISO) or DVD Folders (_TS), but can only burn the ISO files. Since Corel is an all-in-on product, I prefer not to have to go to a different software product to burn the _TS files that Corel creates.
edrizz

Postby yakerjohn on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I'd like to see the video split function extended to allow the mass exporting of the split videos to video files rather than just to the library.
yakerjohn

operating_system: Windows XP Home
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit

Postby clicknpics on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:18 pm

just purchased Pro X5 my wish list is this
more sound tracks ( why have Dolby 5.1 and only 4 audio tracks + video sound)
better file naming ( a must)
better capturing control ( like a edit list so that you do not have to capture all the tape or on the fly capturing)
control over the overlay track (the only thing this is good for is PIP)
more video tracks

media studio pro 8 (this was by ulead taken over by corel and dropped) had all this and more, and work in HD
VS X5 is a good program and worth the price but it can be better I would pay more if it was improved

Malcolm

WEB http://www.clicknpics.co.uk
clicknpics

motherboard: asusp8z68v
processor: Intel I 7 3770
ram: 16gb
Video Card: pny nvidia quatro 600
sound_card: sound blaster xfi
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: asus vs229h x2

Postby babdi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Wish to have the wishlist taken seriously and address user needs.There are requests which has been flowing from X4, e.g.,motion path.
There is a light within a light and a shadow within a shadow. - Rembrandt
babdi

operating_system: Windows 8 Pro
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
processor: Intel 3770K OCed 4.6 Ghz
ram: 32 GB DDR3
Video Card: Asus 660TI 2 GB
sound_card: On board Realtek
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 6.128 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: 22",BenQ 2222 LCD HD 1920x1080

Postby icreadence on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:28 pm

edrizz wrote:I just puchased Corel VideoStudio X5 after using Pinnacle Studio for 10 years since their version 7 came out 2002. I am sure I am accustomed to Pinnacle, but after my first large project with Corel I have the following suggestions:
* More fully integrate the DVD Menus/burning software into the editing software. X5 seems to have very crude integration with the burning software (requiring 2 saves, Menu changes don't always stick, not very intuitive, etc.).
* Add the Pinnacle-like "Smart Movie" feature into the product. I loved that feature as a quick way to create an exciting video to music with very little time or effort.
* If you name the chapter points in the Chapter Point Manager, provide an option to carry those names over to the DVD menu as chapter names.
* Have a fast forward and a fast rewite button on the video viewer within the editor. Want the type that you can click on multiple times to go faster and faster. Should hear a sped up version of the sound when doing so.
* When creating a disc or other output from a project, rather then just giving an indicator of whether the project might fit on the output media, give an option to automatically adjust the quality of the output to fit on the media.
* A way to eliminate background hiss from the soundtrack.

+1 to this. I just found out the chapter marks in the timeline do not carry to the built in DVD program. They work fine on MovieFactory 7 SE which came with X3. So this is a step backwards. So if they must be integrated into the same app window, integrate the apps (not like MS office :wink: ). Chapters, thumbnail point, chapter names should carry over and the DVD setting should be easier (you would have to go one step further with the the timeline to support multiple videos/projects, like MEP MX, to really have a one project solution)
And a ++1 on the DVD program saying my HD videos will not fit in a DVD. Tell me what it looks like with my encoding settings, not the source!

Corrections: The direct timeline works, MPG files do not. But do not edit the file. You will loose most of the menu customizations you made (like chapter names), the chapters remain, but all of the DVD info is gone (backgrounds, names). Given what was changed on the time line, what is lost makes no sense.
Last edited by icreadence on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
C Read
icreadence

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: Gigabyte
processor: GA-P55A-UD4P
ram: I7-860
Video Card: AMD 4670HD
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 7+ T
Monitor/Display Make & Model: acer 22" Samsung 24" 1080P both

Postby hadardo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:13 am

Right-to-Left languages support in the titles (and the animations)
There are two major difficulties with RTL languages (e.g. Hebrew or Arabic) in VS:
1. You have to write it backwards.
2. If you animate the title on a word or a character level, the animation is in the wrong order - that part was resolved in other places with adding an option to reverse the animation.
hadardo

motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3V
processor: 3.30 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3550
ram: 4GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS VH238

Postby kellyfairchild on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Would be nice if an audio file in the timeline showed the actual wave image and not just a blank bar. Seeing the actual wave image helps with audio/video sync tremendously.
kellyfairchild

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
motherboard: Asus P6T
processor: i7 930
ram: 12GB
Video Card: PNY FX580 512mb
sound_card: onboard
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Lenovo

Re: Turning on audio waveforms

Postby pvreditor on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:32 pm

kellyfairchild wrote:Would be nice if an audio file in the timeline showed the actual wave image and not just a blank bar. Seeing the actual wave image helps with audio/video sync tremendously.

You can turn on audio waveforms by clicking on the Sound Mixer icon, just above the timeline. (Its symbol is a musical note and a waveform.) I sync sound a lot, and it usually helps to have the Sound Mixer on, but sometimes good old trial and error is the only way to get it right. Here's an example of a video I did that has synced sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RER7jYinp70

The sound all comes from the main (fixed) camera. I put the close-up camera on the overlay track as one long track, then synced the sound by ear. (The waveform just didn't give me useful information... it was not easy to see sound transitions.) Once synced by ear, I muted the overlay track, then cut it up to show only the parts I wanted... worked pretty well, I thought. Sometimes, someone will take a flash photo near the beginning of a song like this and that is a great thing to use to sync the two tracks. But I did it by ear in this case.

Bob Kovacs
http://www.bobkovacs.com
pvreditor

processor: Intel i7
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

PreviousNext

Return to VideoStudio