VideoStudio X4 Crashes When Writing Mpeg4

Postby enkur on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:31 pm

My evaluation copy of VideoStudio X4 crashes whenever it tries to write an mpeg4 file. I get a message to e-mail the DMP file but thee is no e-mail address given or found on this site.

Can someone supply me with the e-mail address? If you have a cure for the crashes that would be even better.

Thanks,
Enkur
enkur

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
processor: AMD Athlon 2800+
ram: 1.5GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB

Re: VideoStudio X4 Crashes When Writing Mpeg4

Postby DVDDoug on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:24 am

It's usually having a problem with the file/format you are feeding-in or converting from, rather than what you are converting to.

What format is your original file?

(I don't know anything about the email thing... Maybe that's a Microsoft Windows message... Emailing the DMP file to Corel is unlikely to get you anywhere.)
Head over heels,
No time to think.
It's like the whole world's
Out of... sync.

- Head Over Heels, The Go-Gos.
DVDDoug

Postby Ron P. on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:34 am

Welcome to the forums, :)

The latest that I've been able to obtain from Corel, is that you first must open a support claim with. However since you're using a trial version, you will not get any support for it. After initiating a claim then after they reply, you can return to your account and attach files for them to review. I was also told that the dump files only contain information pertaining to driver files, ie; are pretty much useless to them. I know then why the prompt to email them the file. Don't know, just telling you what my exploration into this has revealed. So that leaves you here, depending on the members, users with a lot of experience, to help you. Not bragging on us, but I think we might be able to provide you with as much if not more than Corel's paid support staff.. ;)

First you need to do somethings;
  1. Go to the sticky thread Please Read this First Before Posting, read it, and provide as much of the information so we can more accurately help.
  2. When you're attempting to create your MPEG-4 video file, are you using one of the supplied templates, ie; Create Video File>MPEG-4...? If so which one?

Now I also want to thank you for completing your system information in your profile. Most users just provide the bare minimum. In looking at yours, if you are working with hi-def formats, you're going to have some problems. It is really on the light-end of the spectrum. My desktop is more powerful, it is a AMD Athlon 64, 3200+, and I run 2 GB of RAM, along with 2 separate internal HDDs, (total of 550 GB), setup so that the read/write is shared. With that I would not attempt to edit hi-def video. Just not enough there.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby Ken Berry on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:36 am

For high def, you need the equivalent of at least a decent Core 2 Duo computer to be even able to play AVCHD mpeg-4 smoothly. While Video Studio has SmartProxy for less powerful computers, even there you need the equivalent of at least a Pentium 4.0 3.0 GHz with hyperthreading before SmartProxy can do its thing.
Ken Berry
Ken Berry
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 17FB 10.58
processor: i7 2.2 GHz
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 7690M XT 1 GB RAM
sound_card: On Board Intel
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 640 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: BENQ G2420 HD 1920x1080 24"

Postby enkur on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:32 am

I am able to generate a WMV HD file. It brings this PC to its knees.

I am using this computer just for evaluation. If I buy it it will be run an a 3 core Phenom III
enkur

Postby Trevor Andrew on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi

I am sure that all will agree that “it brings this PC to its knees” is a PC issue. Its just to slow.

However there have been some crash issues and Installing the latest version of Quick Time has been recommended for some types of crashes.
But just to contradict myself, installing an earlier version has also helped for some problems.
By the way X4 provides QT 7.5.5
Trevor Andrew

Postby enkur on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Installing QT 7.7 didn't help. The smaller mpeg4 formats work but not the two HD one. WMV works and I can live with that.

Thanks
enkur

Return to VideoStudio