Pure HD Installer

Postby Ron P. on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:01 pm

I came across a sudden twist in VS X4. I was attempting to add some SD MPEG-2 video files to a created Library. VS would allow adding the video files, but when I tried to preview them, it would crash, no error message, just crash. I tried this with several different video files, all the same type though. When I re-launched VS, the created library was still there, but all the video files were not. I was able to replicate this numerous times.

Next I started the elimination process, to see if maybe one of the video files was corrupt. I then selected one video file, and pressed the preview button at the bottom of the dialog window. This triggered a MSI (MicroSoft Installer) dialog, the Pure HD Installer. I would immediately cancel this, and VS would crash. Again this was replicated numerous times. So then that made me think of what has changed recently. Well the only thing that had changed was Adobe Flash Player update. So I uninstalled that update. Restarted VS, repeated the last procedure, trying to preview the video before adding it to the library. Again this kicked the Pured HD Installer, I again cancelled it and VS crashed.

So now I decided to see what would happen if I let this Pure HD installer routine to continue. So again I repeated that procedure, the Pure HD installer kicked in, and I let it continue. To my surprise, the installer completed, and I was able to view the video file in the small preview window. I then imported the video into the library, and tried previewing it, and it played without problems.

I didn't manually remove Pure HD, but for some reason VS could not find it or use it, and would crash until it was installed. Thought I would post this in case anyone else has a similar occurrence.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Re: Pure HD Installer

Postby Trevor Andrew on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi Ron

I have just tried the process of previewing the files without problem.
Doing a Google seems to associate Pure HD with NVIDIA

My graphics uses ATI Radeon so maybe that’s the difference?
Trevor Andrew

Re: Pure HD Installer

Postby Ron P. on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:14 pm

On my laptop, which is where this occurred, it uses Intel Graphics Media. My desktop has an Nvidia Graphics Card, and so far I haven't had this problem on it. The Nvidia association is with Pure Video HD. This problem I had deals with Pure HD, which I think is different. Doing a Google search also revealed that Ulead had a part in this. http://www.ulead.com/spotlight/pure_hd/runme.htm

The only version it references that I had installed on my laptop was MSP 8, which I had removed several weeks ago. I also found This Forum where others had the same problem. For them it was caused by PSP (PaintShop Pro). That now explains why I was getting that.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB