Corel Studio Video Pro X4

Postby Dick Walters on Tue May 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Has anyone had any experience with downloading the trial version of Pro X4? I down loaded the trial version and opened it with no problem. The next time I tried to open it, it gave me a error and would not open. If I try to delete it from my computer it tries to initialize and says to reload and try again. I'm not a real computer whiz but I can usually muddle my way through. If my computer is not going to handle it I don't want to buy it and not be able to use it. I have other Corel programs that I use with no problems. :roll:
Dick Walters

operating_system: Windows XP Home
System_Drive: D
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Intel Corp. D102GGC2AAD70214-200
processor: 2.67 gigahetz Intel Pentium D
ram: 512 MB
Video Card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 200GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: KDS 998N

Re: Corel Studio Video Pro X4

Postby Black Lab on Tue May 10, 2011 8:31 pm

512 MB of RAM does seem to be on the light side. Don't know if that would cause the problem or not.
Jeff

VS10+, X2 Pro, X3 Pro, X4 Pro | Xara 3D | Digital Juice
Canon XH-A1s
Black Lab

System_Drive: C
motherboard: Dell Computer Corp. 02Y832
processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
ram: 1GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 4650
sound_card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

Postby teknisyan on Wed May 11, 2011 10:49 pm

You may want to post the error that you are getting, if can help us determine what the problem is.
Like reading blogs?
About Tech
About Sports
Pnoy.Me - A URL Shortener
Follow me on Facebook & Twitter
teknisyan

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Sony Corporation VAIO
processor: Intel Corel i5
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 GB

Postby Dick Walters on Thu May 12, 2011 12:12 am

As I stated previously when I downloaded the program it completed the downloaded and I opened it with no problem. I have other Corel programs I use with no problem. When I opened the program the 2nd time it gave me this error- The application has failed to start because U32comm.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

"VSX4_Pro_TBYB.exe" is a file which was downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? If I click yes it starts to download. Then shows, The installation wizard encountered a problem while trying to configure your software. Could not access file:C;\docume~1\owner\temp\7f43660e-6de-4e5c-babb-3d336d2ecd09\setup.msi The system cannot find the path specified. Would you like to continue? If I hit continue it will show me a screen with Corel Video Studio Pro X4.
Installation wizard not completed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click FINISH to exit the Wizard.

I'm not that geat on computers. You know when people say you know just enough to get into trouble. Well I know just enough to get into trouble, but I usually figure it out after a while unless its too deep for me. I like Corel programs but my computer is 5 years old and I'm not sure if it will handle the X4 version. I'm using a new GoPro camera that has mpeg4 format and I know my computer is not set up for that, mpeg3 yes and I've made videos before, but not mp4. I can take pictures and videos with the camera and play them back on the camera, but when I connect it to the computer it will download the pictures but not the videos. Thats probably because of the mp4 format and the Pro X4 says will handle the mp4 format.

I figured when I got the GoPro camera it would be a big learning experience because of the MP4 format and it has been. :roll:
Dick Walters

System_Drive: D
motherboard: Intel Corp. D102GGC2AAD70214-200
processor: 2.67 gigahetz Intel Pentium D
ram: 512 MB
Video Card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 200GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: KDS 998N

Postby teknisyan on Sat May 14, 2011 1:20 am

Thank you for that. You may want to redownload the installer from this link and when you are ask if you like to RUN or SAVE. I would suggest that you save the file on your desktop and once the download is complete just double click on the file that you saved on your hard drive.
Like reading blogs?
About Tech
About Sports
Pnoy.Me - A URL Shortener
Follow me on Facebook & Twitter
teknisyan

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Sony Corporation VAIO
processor: Intel Corel i5
ram: 4 GB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
sound_card: Realtek HD Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 GB

Postby jarse71 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Had the exact same problem and figured it out.

Also using a trial version of VideoPro x4, with a couple weeks left to go. After a downloading a routine update for Windows XP, it wouldn't work. I uninstalled/reinstalled VideoPro and then got another error - it didn't want to complete the install, giving me the same long error. I assume this is a security measure to make sure, fairly, that users don't take advantage of the Corel's trial system. So I used a more in-depth uninstaller (Revo, freeware program) which got rid of all traces of Corel. After doing that AND uninstalling the Windows update, Corel reinstalled and is working fine, with my trial countdown where it was before.
jarse71

Hard_Drive_Capacity: 70GB

Return to VideoStudio