PowerDirector v VideoStudio

Postby Phil47 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Just to put you in the picture, I already purchased PSP Pro X3 and am very pleased with it and wish I could work out how to use layers. Ha!
I have also been using Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Ultra and bought a new Xacti VPC-FH1 camera to use with it. However, in preview it freezes at transitions AFTER the playback quality has been changed OR AFTER the project has been closed down and then reopened again. The ONLY way to get it to play through the transition is to change the length of the transition - either longer or shorter. Naturally I contacted them on the forum and also their Support. I also contacted some of the contributers on the forum. I received a lot of suggestions but so far nothing has really worked....until....I downloaded VideoStudio Pro X3 for trial. It worked straight away!!!! No problems at all. I also closed it down three or four times and it was still ok. I posted this on their forum a few days ago and strangely enough I got no replies as yet.

I should also mention that this freezing at transitions in HD seems to be a bit of a problem with PD and I know for certain of other people who have the exact same problem as myself.

Obviously I don't want to have to buy another software system - the expense is just a little bit too much to contend with at the moment.

Are there any suggestions anyone can make please?

Thanks,

Phil.
Tell the truth....but gently.

Phil.
Phil47

operating_system: Vista Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: GA EX580UD3R
processor: i7-920
ram: 3GB
Video Card: GTX260
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1GB

Re: PowerDirector v VideoStudio

Postby Black Lab on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Suggestions for what :?: How to fix your competing software without purchasing VS?!
Black Lab

operating_system: Windows 8
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit

Re: PowerDirector v VideoStudio

Postby mitchell65 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Are there any suggestions anyone can make please?

Yes easy (As the meercat would say), bite the bullet and buy a program that works! :wink: :wink:
John Mitchell
We all make mistakes, that's why pencils have erasers on the end!
mitchell65

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: Dell Inc. 04GJJT A00
processor: 2.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 630 Quad Core
ram: 4Gb
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 560Gb Sata

Return to VideoStudio