NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

couple noob questions

Moderators: lata, Ken Berry

couple noob questions

Postby meegwell » Wed May 28, 2008 11:50 pm

hello all. I am new to videostudio (11 plus) and have been working on my first project. Also, obviously, new to the forum so hello everyone. I've searched for this question with no luck.

In a pan and zoom image slideshow, I am trying to synch image changes with certain parts of the music. I am wondering if there is:

a.) a way to slow down the playback so I can note at what time the song section occurs easier and/or

b.) view a close up of the audio graph to help w/ a.)

Mainly, being able to crawl through the preview w/ sound and images would be ideal.

Thanks,

Meegwell
meegwell

Postby lancecarr » Thu May 29, 2008 7:59 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.
In the timeline view of VS you can add either chapter marks or "beat cues" to give you points of reference to music.
I am still at VS10 so I only have the chapter marks so this is how I do it.
I place the music track on to the timeline then go to the Project view. I play the project and tap the F5 button on the keyboard to the beat of the music or to the beats that I will use to make scene changes. Now I have a little yellow triangle on the timeline showing me the position of the beat,

Then I load the images and just lengthen or shorten each image's duration manually by dragging the end of the clip using the mouse.
When I have all the scene changes in sync with the music beats I then go into the chapter manager and delete all the chapter marks as my omly use for them was as a reference point.
lancecarr

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: eMachines ET1861
processor: 3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5 650
ram: 8GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
sound_card: ATI High Definition Audio Device
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 700GB

Postby meegwell » Thu May 29, 2008 7:35 pm

excellent, thank you.

long ago I used some advanced sound editing program that found me deep into the details (1 second clip at a time) of the audio graph and could visually see everything I was looking for. Usually it was a digital static that needed to be removed. Now, synching w/ video is a whole new game to me but what fun!

Thanks again,

meegwell
meegwell

Postby sjj1805 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Please view the way I do this in VideoStudio
http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic. ... 249#126249
sjj1805

operating_system: Windows XP Pro
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: Equium P200-178
processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T2080