Ulead VideoStudio 9 SE DVD

Postby Grumpy_Troll on Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:20 pm

Hello All,

New to this forum. I need help, please.

1. Purchased ADStech DVD Xpress DX2, USB video capture device for camcorder. It came with CapWiz 3.8 (upgraded to 3.8.0.5) and VS9. I have registered all products.

2. CapWiz works fine. Captures, etc as supposed to do.

3. VS9 doesn't work, at all. Click on Icon for VS9 on desktop, "splash" screen comes up asking to select Movie Wizard or Video Studio Editor. Click on either and another screen pops up bar at bottom indicates it's loading, then it disappears. No VS9 program, none at all, nada, zip. It is installed, I checked that. Tried starting from the program files on "C" drive. Same thing. Since Ulead no longer supports this product.........HELP!!!!

Thank you,
Grumpy
Grumpy_Troll

Postby Mike-Mat on Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:50 pm

I would start by downloading the latest video drivers.

Mike
Tips For Manufaturing
Mulltmedia Training For CadCam & CNC.
http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com

Camtasia Studio - VideoStudio X2 - DVDShrink
DVDDecripter - XPPro 64 - Intel Quad Core
ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe MoBo - Panasonic DVX100
Mike-Mat

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUS P5Q3 Delux
processor: Intel i7 970
ram: 12GB
Video Card: NVidia
sound_card: M-Audio Audiophile 192
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB

Postby Grumpy_Troll on Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:09 am

Mike-Mat wrote:I would start by downloading the latest video drivers.

Mike

Been there, done that. All drivers updated. My comp exceeds all minimum requirements and meets a majority of others. I have found my old version of VS7 and loaded it. It works. Still can't get VS9 to start. :evil: If anyone suggests that I upgrade to a newer video card, no way. Why spend $200 to $300 US on a video card to support a $40 software? Especially since it might not work.

Thanks for the help.

Frustratedly yours,
Grumpy
Grumpy_Troll

Postby KugarWeb on Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:46 am

Could it be that the two pieces of software conflict? Try uninstalling CapWiz 3.8 and VideoStudio and then ONLY install VS. :idea:
Computer: Windows Media Edition, P4 3.0Ghz Processor, 2.5GB RAM, USB 2, Composite, FireWire 1394, SVideo, External HDD 150GB, External HDD 2 - 500GB, Internal HDD 250GB, Ati Radeon X600 256MB Graphics.
Cameras: Sony HDR-HC1, Sony DCR-HC85E
KugarWeb

Postby Mike-Mat on Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:51 am

No doubt your system should be capable of running the software. I'm not a fan of ATI cards. I've seen a lot of incompatibilities with ATI and CadCam systems. Nvidoa always seems to work for me. An upgrade to VS10 might fix it. But thats adds some expense also. I might try getting a cheap ($40) Nvidia card to see if it works with that. I'll bet it is video related some how.

BTW: thanks for filling in your system specs. Most people dont do that and it does really help to diagnose problems.

Good Luck.

Mike Mattera
Tips For Manufaturing
Mulltmedia Training For CadCam & CNC.
http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com

Camtasia Studio - VideoStudio X2 - DVDShrink
DVDDecripter - XPPro 64 - Intel Quad Core
ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe MoBo - Panasonic DVX100
Mike-Mat

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: ASUS P5Q3 Delux
processor: Intel i7 970
ram: 12GB
Video Card: NVidia
sound_card: M-Audio Audiophile 192

Postby Grumpy_Troll on Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:24 am

KugarWeb wrote:Could it be that the two pieces of software conflict? Try uninstalling CapWiz 3.8 and VideoStudio and then ONLY install VS. :idea:

Hello Kugar,

Good idea, unfortunately, I have allready tried that. My problem seems to be VS9, I think. ADSTech, who makes the DVDXpressDX2 device, states that both devices are compatable.

It could be my system, I am just frustrated as :twisted: !

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it very much.

Adios amigo,
Grumpy
Grumpy_Troll

Postby Grumpy_Troll on Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:31 am

Mike-Mat wrote:No doubt your system should be capable of running the software. I'm not a fan of ATI cards. I've seen a lot of incompatibilities with ATI and CadCam systems. Nvidoa always seems to work for me. An upgrade to VS10 might fix it. But thats adds some expense also. I might try getting a cheap ($40) Nvidia card to see if it works with that. I'll bet it is video related some how.

BTW: thanks for filling in your system specs. Most people dont do that and it does really help to diagnose problems.

Good Luck.

Mike Mattera

Hello Mike, thanks for answering. I might try an Nvidia card but will have to wait for a while. My resources are tied up right now with gas prices going thru the roof and no forseeable increase in resources. :wink: I wil look around for a cheap card and see if that works.

Anyone out there know of any upgrades that might work? See my sys specs.

Thanks Amigo,
Grumpy
Grumpy_Troll

Postby ghoofie on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:30 am

I have the same ADS device and the Capwizard and VS9. Both work just fine. Are you sure you have VS9 looking for the ADStech. I accidently set mine to look for a webcab my mistake and VS9 wasn't working anymore til I noticed that in the options. When I set it back to the ADStech , it started working again.
ghoofie

operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
ram: 6 GB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Samsung LED

Postby Ron P. on Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:16 pm

Just some quick suggestions...

1. Have you tried to doing a clean uninstall? http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?p=54223#54223 in that tutorial link it provides the directions for doing one. Ulead leaves behind files, and doing a simple uninstall / reinstall may not correct issues.

2. Are you running background applications? Try disabling antivirus, network cards, etc.. (May not and probably not the issue here, but it doesn't hurt to try).

3. Have you experienced problems with any other programs crashing, hanging, or not opening properly? This is a good indication that you have a memory stick or harddrive failing. I had a memory stick fail after having it just a couple of weeks. The first signs were VS suddenly closing, which I thought was a problem with VS. Then after a few weeks other apps started acting up. I ran a free memory check app and viola, bad memory stick. I replaced it, and no more crashing..

4. Gas Prices, write your congressman and senators telling them to remove the sales taxes. We pay about 30-40 cents per gallon, removing it would help. Or I guess invest in a bicycle...:)

Ron P.
Ron Petersen, Web Board Administrator
Ron P.
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 8
motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2AF3 1.0
processor: 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770
ram: 16GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
sound_card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell SE198WFP-Desktop

Postby Grumpy_Troll on Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:17 pm

ghoofie wrote:I have the same ADS device and the Capwizard and VS9. Both work just fine. Are you sure you have VS9 looking for the ADStech. I accidently set mine to look for a webcab my mistake and VS9 wasn't working anymore til I noticed that in the options. When I set it back to the ADStech , it started working again.

Hi Ghoofie,

My problem is , I can't get past the splash screen. The program won't load past the splash screen. It just won't load.

Thanks anyway,
Grumpy
Grumpy_Troll

Postby TDK1044 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:59 pm

I have the DX2, but I chose not to install VS9 SE. I purchased VS10 instead. Are you trying to get to VS9 from within Capwiz or from your Desktop?
Terry
TDK1044

Postby Grumpy_Troll on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:09 pm

TDK1044 wrote:I have the DX2, but I chose not to install VS9 SE. I purchased VS10 instead. Are you trying to get to VS9 from within Capwiz or from your Desktop?

Hello Terry,

Installed VS9 from ADSTech provided software. Any attempts to access VS9 from desktop and/or from within Cap Wiz results in failure.

Purchasing/upgrading to VS10 not an option at the moment.

I did download the trial of VS10 and installed it with success. One problem. It won't capture from DX2. VS10 crashes as soon as I call it up for capture. It does edit, but that's all.

Thanks,
Grumpy

Edit
To Terry,

I tried install with just VS9, without CapWiz, no dice.

Grumpy.
Last edited by Grumpy_Troll on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy_Troll

Postby TDK1044 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:23 pm

That would be correct. The DX2 will only talk to the version of Video Studio that came bundled with it. Have you uninstalled both the DX2 and VS 9 and reinstalled both? Also, the order that ADS require the software loaded in is important.
Terry
TDK1044

Postby Grumpy_Troll on Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:14 pm

vidoman wrote:Just some quick suggestions...

1. Have you tried to doing a clean uninstall? http://phpbb.ulead.com.tw/EN/viewtopic.php?p=54223#54223 in that tutorial link it provides the directions for doing one. Ulead leaves behind files, and doing a simple uninstall / reinstall may not correct issues.

2. Are you running background applications? Try disabling antivirus, network cards, etc.. (May not and probably not the issue here, but it doesn't hurt to try).

3. Have you experienced problems with any other programs crashing, hanging, or not opening properly? This is a good indication that you have a memory stick or harddrive failing. I had a memory stick fail after having it just a couple of weeks. The first signs were VS suddenly closing, which I thought was a problem with VS. Then after a few weeks other apps started acting up. I ran a free memory check app and viola, bad memory stick. I replaced it, and no more crashing..

Ron P.

Sorry I'm late with reply. Here goes.

1. Yes, no luck. :(

2. Yes. but other versions of Video Studio (VS7 and VS10) work with all apps running. Why can't VS9?

3. Maybe, but not mem related. Have checked memory, checked out OK. Other programs load OK.

As for a bicycle, I would be in the ER with an MI before I got 2 blocks. :wink:

Here is what I have done since last post.
1. Sent ticket to Ulead for software problems. They are trying to get me to buy VS10. :shock: Waiting for reply, 2 to 3 days.

2. Same with ADSTech for bundled software provided with DVDXpressDX2
hardware encoder. They have, I assume from documentation provided with product, modified VS9 to work with their product and CapWiz. Not sure about this. :?: Expect reply in 2-3 days.

If I hear from them I will post results of support inquiries here for everyone to read. Including results from same. :roll:

Thanks to Ron,
Grumpy (Ron C) :wink:
Grumpy_Troll

ADS Tech Support

Postby Grumpy_Troll on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:08 am

Hi All,

Whooo! Sent my ticket to ADS Support this morning, just got reply with suggestions. They are as follows;

1. Try installing from another drive, if available.
Result: After un install and reboot, installed from my second drive (DVD-CD burner) loaded fine, as before. Still doesn't work.

2. Try installing in another computer and see if it works.
Result: Will find out after I see my son and get him to load it on his computer. He has Windows XP Pro.

3. Will send you another disc if nopne of the above works.
Result: Will reply to tech support tomorrow if VS9 doesn't work on his machine.

You know, I don't think it will work on my son's computer either. Since I was able to get VS7 ES and VS10 to run on my computer. I believe I have a poorly authored disc. Some of you know what I mean if you have ever used DVD reauthoring programs. :wink:

I'll let everyone know what happens.
Grumpy
Grumpy_Troll

Next

Return to VideoStudio