Just some quick suggestions...
1. Have you tried to doing a clean uninstall
in that tutorial link it provides the directions for doing one. Ulead leaves behind files, and doing a simple uninstall / reinstall may not correct issues.
2. Are you running background applications? Try disabling antivirus, network cards, etc.. (May not and probably not the issue here, but it doesn't hurt to try).
3. Have you experienced problems with any other programs crashing, hanging, or not opening properly? This is a good indication that you have a memory stick or harddrive failing. I had a memory stick fail after having it just a couple of weeks. The first signs were VS suddenly closing, which I thought was a problem with VS. Then after a few weeks other apps started acting up. I ran a free memory check app and viola, bad memory stick. I replaced it, and no more crashing..
Sorry I'm late with reply. Here goes.
1. Yes, no luck.
2. Yes. but other versions of Video Studio (VS7 and VS10) work with all apps running. Why can't VS9?
3. Maybe, but not mem related. Have checked memory, checked out OK. Other programs load OK.
As for a bicycle, I would be in the ER with an MI before I got 2 blocks.
Here is what I have done since last post.
1. Sent ticket to Ulead for software problems. They are trying to get me to buy VS10.
Waiting for reply, 2 to 3 days.
2. Same with ADSTech for bundled software provided with DVDXpressDX2
hardware encoder. They have, I assume from documentation provided with product, modified VS9 to work with their product and CapWiz. Not sure about this.
Expect reply in 2-3 days.
If I hear from them I will post results of support inquiries here for everyone to read. Including results from same.
Thanks to Ron,
Grumpy (Ron C)