NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Adding Music Track To VS Pro X9 Audio Track

Moderators: lata, Ken Berry

Adding Music Track To VS Pro X9 Audio Track

Postby DayO » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 am

I want to add a music track to an already-existing audio track in a video clip I'm editing in VS Pro X9.

Kind of uncertain about the exact process. I know it involves the Sound Mixer. Is there a good You-Tube video
tutorial about this process?

I want the music track to come up under the audio track, but not overwhelm it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
DayO
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: East Coast USA
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: AsusTek P5Q Pro Turbo
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q 8400
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700

Re: Adding Music Track To VS Pro X9 Audio Track

Postby lata » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am

Hi

The easiest way is to add the audio clip to another sound track, Voice or Music track
Right click the clip for Adjust Volume reducing the 100% try 40%

If you wish to fade in the audio, double click the clip to open the Options Panel
Here you can adjust the 100% and apply a fade in / out using the ramps.

Play the effect in project playback, readjust the settings if required.
Regards Trevor
User avatar
lata
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9505
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 am
Location: UK
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Re: Adding Music Track To VS Pro X9 Audio Track

Postby tletter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:41 pm

DayO wrote:I want to add a music track to an already-existing audio track in a video clip

Position the music where you want it on a Music Track and then adjust the volume using the Sound Mixer so it doesn't overwhelm the existing sound. You can also try seeing if Audio Ducking will help you (see image). Personally I find manually adding audio control points preferable to using Audio Ducking.

erase.JPG

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
tletter
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Canada
operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
processor: i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
ram: 16GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Corel programs: X4, X5, X6, X7, X8, X9, X10

Re: Adding Music Track To VS Pro X9 Audio Track

Postby DayO » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:34 am

Thanks!

And one other question...How do you add a music track to just a Clip, as opposed to the whole Project?

lata wrote:Hi

The easiest way is to add the audio clip to another sound track, Voice or Music track
Right click the clip for Adjust Volume reducing the 100% try 40%

If you wish to fade in the audio, double click the clip to open the Options Panel
Here you can adjust the 100% and apply a fade in / out using the ramps.

Play the effect in project playback, readjust the settings if required.
Last edited by DayO on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DayO
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: East Coast USA
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: AsusTek P5Q Pro Turbo
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q 8400
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700

Re: Adding Music Track To VS Pro X9 Audio Track

Postby DayO » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:35 am

Thanks for this.

tletter wrote:
DayO wrote:I want to add a music track to an already-existing audio track in a video clip

Position the music where you want it on a Music Track and then adjust the volume using the Sound Mixer so it doesn't overwhelm the existing sound. You can also try seeing if Audio Ducking will help you (see image). Personally I find manually adding audio control points preferable to using Audio Ducking.

erase.JPG

tletter
https://www.youtube.com/user/tletter
DayO
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: East Coast USA
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: AsusTek P5Q Pro Turbo
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q 8400
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700

Re: Adding Music Track To VS Pro X9 Audio Track

Postby DayO » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:50 pm

And one other question...How do you add a music track to just a Clip, as opposed to the whole Project?
DayO
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: East Coast USA
operating_system: Windows 7 Home Premium
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 32 Bit
motherboard: AsusTek P5Q Pro Turbo
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q 8400
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700


Return to VideoStudio

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests