NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Wishlist for VS X11

Moderators: lata, Ken Berry

Re: Wishlist for VS X11

Postby lata » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:12 pm

fred456885 wrote:Hi Ken--It would be nice if X11 gave us "backends" to the prebuilt animated titles. I would love for the title to complete its animation, then hold center screen for a second or two so I can decide how to transition out of it (or even use freeze frame to extend it longer.) To accomplish this right now I'm having to move my curser to the end of the title, then use "convert this frame to PNG" to create a freeze frame. Thanks!

Hi
Examples of text animations.

set animation for fly in, Copy clip and place adjacent, animation new clip to fade out
You can always use customise motion to animate the text box.

Test VSP opens with X8, X9 and 10

The attachment text animations.zip is no longer available

text animations.zip
(2.54 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

operating_system: Windows 10
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC A88XM-A USB 3 1 Rev X.0x
processor: 4.10 gigahertz AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7
ram: 16 gb
Video Card: on board
sound_card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 500 SSD
Monitor/Display Make & Model: LG W2242 [Monitor]
Corel programs: Video Studio, PSP, PI X3, MS3D

Postby fred456885 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks, Trevor, but how do I use customize motion to change the length of a prebuilt animated title? When I open the title in customized motion, it still ends at the same place.
fred456885

motherboard: GA-970A-UD3
processor: AMD Phenom2
ram: 16gb
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 129.1 gb
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ViewSonic
Corel programs: Video Studio Pro x10 Ultimate

Postby lata » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:11 am

fred456885 wrote:Thanks, Trevor, but how do I use customize motion to change the length of a prebuilt animated title? When I open the title in customized motion, it still ends at the same place.

Hi

It may be best to discuss this on the Video Studio forum to keep the wishlist for what it is intended.

But the length of your title is determined on the timeline, the length / duration of the clip.
In Customise Motion we can add Keypoints each can have different settings.
View my text animation vsp last text.

We would not want to add customise motion to cli already having animation applied from the text editor, although possible I would think confuse things.

Whether we use customise motion or the text editor animations, each has its own merits.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

Postby BeeGeeDee » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:31 am

A really simple thing but is really annoying. On start-up, don't make the splash screen always on top. I often launch software in the background and carry on with other things and this just sits over the top stopping that.
BeeGeeDee

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
motherboard: Dell PC
processor: Intel Xeon W3690 3.47Ghz
ram: 12GB
Video Card: NVidia Quadro 600
sound_card: Soundmax integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2.25TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: dual dell widescreen
Corel programs: PaintShop Pro Ult., VideoStudio X9 Ult.

Postby asik1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:50 pm

BeeGeeDee wrote:A really simple thing but is really annoying. On start-up, don't make the splash screen always on top. I often launch software in the background and carry on with other things and this just sits over the top stopping that.

That's a new one... If it bother you that much it's EZ to correct.
Open your C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro (x64)\19.0\en-US\SplashScreen
folder,
open the png file in an editor and shrink it to 1X1 pixel size
save it and you free of splashes as a bird.
asik1

motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Corel programs: X9.2

Postby alanball » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:44 am

My wish for a long, long time (since Ulead 6.5!!) has been that Corel would increase the size of the DVD Authoring menu, to full screen, or at least have it as a Windows stretch menu so you can enlarge it.

I have recently upgraded to X10, and although the upgrade was an excellent price, (A$34) I was disappointed to see that the screen for the new Mask Creator was also not full screen and very few masking tool options.
Alan Ball
alanball

motherboard: Dell OKWVT8 chipset Intel PCH Z87
processor: i7-4770 CPU 3.4Ghz
ram: 16 GB
Video Card: AMD Radion TM R9 270
sound_card: Realtec High Definition
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: ASUS VN247

Postby BeeGeeDee » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 am

asik1 wrote:That's a new one... If it bother you that much it's EZ to correct.
Open your C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Ulead Systems\Corel VideoStudio Pro (x64)\19.0\en-US\SplashScreen
folder,
open the png file in an editor and shrink it to 1X1 pixel size
save it and you free of splashes as a bird.

That would work but then I'd be thinking "Is this launching?" PSP doesn't put it in the front but then it also doesn't take about 30 seconds or more to launch so less of an issue.

For devs, simply change to not always on top. Easy. doesn't affect the app in any way.
BeeGeeDee

motherboard: Dell PC
processor: Intel Xeon W3690 3.47Ghz
ram: 12GB
Video Card: NVidia Quadro 600
sound_card: Soundmax integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2.25TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: dual dell widescreen
Corel programs: PaintShop Pro Ult., VideoStudio X9 Ult.

Postby AussieTX » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:11 pm

As I have asked for on many occasions is the ability to draw basic shapes and lines.
The painting Creator is a wonderful tool and I use it often but many times would like to add a triangle, rectangle, circle or even a straight line that is then adjustable just like Inserting a Shape in MS Word.
Till then I'll keep creating the objects in PS and then saving this to the library as a transparent image (png).
An easy add that would help would be to include a number of said basic shapes/objects with the bonus features.
Though it would be better if they could be created in the application allowing the ability to format the shape once created. E.g. change colour, line thickness, fill, size.

Pat
Jack of all trades,
Master of none!
AussieTX

motherboard: Gigybyte 990FXA-UD3
processor: AMD FX8350
ram: 16 Gig
Video Card: Assus HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
sound_card: On Board Audio
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 T
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus 23" IPS + Acer 23" IPS

Postby Djard007 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Great idea.

BTW, a jack of all trades is itself a mastery, required in management, since masters are not multitaskers.
Djard
Corel VS Ultimate X9
Corel PSP Ultimate X8
Win 7 Ultimate (x64), 12 GB RAM, 6TB HDD
Dual Samsung 23" monitors
Djard007

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
motherboard: Asus P6T
processor: Pentium quad core
ram: 12 GB
Video Card: ATI All-in-Wonder HD
sound_card: Onboard Dolby 7.1
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 6 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dual Samsung 23" LED
Corel programs: Paint Shop Pro Ultimate X9

Postby wstagner » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:16 am

I agree w/Alan on this. Smallness of the display makes editing very tedious/eye straining.

My wish for a long, long time (since Ulead 6.5!!) has been that Corel would increase the size of the DVD Authoring menu, to full screen, or at least have it as a Windows stretch menu so you can enlarge it.

I have recently upgraded to X10, and although the upgrade was an excellent price, (A$34) I was disappointed to see that the screen for the new Mask Creator was also not full screen and very few masking tool options.
wstagner

motherboard: Gigabyte Ga-p43-es3g
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66 GHz
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ATI Radion HD4300 4500 series
sound_card: ATI High Definition Realtek ALC888 codec
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Asus VH242H 24" 1920x1024 screen.

Postby danl » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Radim wrote:Please remove all "out-dated" content and "out-dated" formats. Most people use nowdays MP4, MKV and perhaps WMV.

Enhance installer *not* to install old images, sounds, themes, etc. that nobody, really nobody needs/use.

T H A N K Y O U.

PS: Such as PaintShop Pro X7-X9 is. :wink:

Normally I would also agree with getting rid of the extra baggage. But now, I would vote for keeping some older formats around and will give one reason I ran into. Recently I purchased a DBPower portable dvd player from Amazon. Very popular device. It has worked for months and gets used everyday. To my shock when I got it, I found it only supported VOB, AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2 and XVID. Without VideoStudio (I use X10) I would never be able to get my Sony MTS 1920x1080 videos formatted to MPEG 720x480 let alone trying to make them look good. I load my MTS file (AVC/H.264) then do a batch convert to MPEG and what a great job VideoStudio does. (Note: I could just share to MPEG-2 yes, but for some reason there is a massive quality difference when I go to m2t first.)

Dropping some of the older files might loose the ability for the Corel product to be useful in converting for use on other devices currently being sold. Yes, there are plenty of conversion software programs out there but I've not found one that can match the quality I get when doing it the way I have described above with VideoStudio.

Dan
Last edited by danl on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danl

motherboard: Dell XPS 8300 Micro ATX
processor: Intel Core i7-2600 CPU 3.40 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: ATI Video Card
sound_card: XPS 8300 Integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell S2340M x 2
Corel programs: VideoStudio x10, PaintShop Pro x9

Postby lata » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:06 pm

danl wrote:
Radim wrote:Please remove all "out-dated" content and "out-dated" formats. Most people use nowdays MP4, MKV and perhaps WMV.

Enhance installer *not* to install old images, sounds, themes, etc. that nobody, really nobody needs/use.

T H A N K Y O U.

PS: Such as PaintShop Pro X7-X9 is. :wink:

Normally I would also agree with getting rid of the extra baggage. But now, I would vote for keeping some older formats around and will give one reason I ran into. Recently I purchased a DBPower portable dvd player from Amazon. Very popular device. It has worked for months and gets used everyday. To my shock when I got it, I found it only supported VOB, AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2 and XVID. Without VideoStudio (I use X10) I would never be able to get my Sony MTS 1920x1080 videos formatted to MPEG 720x480 let alone trying to make them look good. I load my MTS file, save it to m2t (AVC/H.264) then do a batch convert to MPEG and what a great job VideoStudio does. (Note: I could just share to MPEG-2 yes, but for some reason there is a massive quality difference when I go to m2t first.)

Dropping some of the older files might loose the ability for the Corel product to be useful in converting for use on other devices currently being sold. Yes, there are plenty of conversion software programs out there but I've not found one that can match the quality I get when doing it the way I have described above with VideoStudio.

Dan

Hi Dan

Have you tried renaming the video file to use MPG as the files extension instead or MTS/m2t. Your player may now recognise the video.
Regards Trevor
lata
Site Admin

Postby danl » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Trevor wrote:Hi Dan
Have you tried renaming the video file to use MPG as the files extension instead or MTS/m2t. Your player may now recognise the video.

Thanks Trevor, since the MTS/m2t formats have the H264 codec, MPEG-4 wrapper and resolution of 1920x1088. (why 1088 rather than 1080 I'm not sure). Even if we renamed the extension, the DBPower would fail on three counts. It has a hardware limit of 720x480, doesn't support the H264 codec nor the MPEG-4 wrapper. So in this case rename doesn't help us.

Years ago though I owned a JVC Everio Camcorder. It saved files with the .MOD extension which wasn't recognized by players or pc at the time. I suspect the software only looked at extensions at the time. The MOD files however was nothing more than an MPEG video, and was 720x480. A simple rename of the extension to mpg allowed the files to be played on anything. So as crazy as renaming the extension sounds, it works sometimes.

My apology to the moderators if my reply to Trevor got off the forum topic so I'll add something to the Wishlist.

Wishlist Item - Maybe I need to learn cropping better, but I find myself wanting to be able to use crop right on the video track. Using a marquee to select the area you want cropped, taking out all borders. Much like the crop effects work on the overlay track but I find editing draw backs using it on the overlay track.

Dan
danl

motherboard: Dell XPS 8300 Micro ATX
processor: Intel Core i7-2600 CPU 3.40 GHz
ram: 8 GB
Video Card: ATI Video Card
sound_card: XPS 8300 Integrated
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 1 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dell S2340M x 2
Corel programs: VideoStudio x10, PaintShop Pro x9

Postby Djard007 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:51 am

I agree that the older formats should be kept. I am not going to throw away my perfectly good camcorder or degrade video quality by recoding with a third party app because my video editing software ceases to support the container in which it records. An upgrade adds features, not removes them. If Corel VS abandons AVI and MOV, I for one would no longer upgrade.
Djard
Corel VS Ultimate X9
Corel PSP Ultimate X8
Win 7 Ultimate (x64), 12 GB RAM, 6TB HDD
Dual Samsung 23" monitors
Djard007

operating_system: Windows 7 Ultimate
motherboard: Asus P6T
processor: Pentium quad core
ram: 12 GB
Video Card: ATI All-in-Wonder HD
sound_card: Onboard Dolby 7.1
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 6 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: Dual Samsung 23" LED
Corel programs: Paint Shop Pro Ultimate X9

Postby gandalftheg » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:55 am

I would like to see the clips in the library listed under Date(Shooting), have the time that the clip was taken added to the Date(Shooting). Please.
gandalftheg

motherboard: Asus Crosshair V formula-Z
processor: AMD FX 8350
ram: 16GB
Corel programs: cvsX8/x9/x10

PreviousNext

Return to VideoStudio