NEW! Corel PaintShop Pro 2018

Floating music icons

Moderators: lata, Ken Berry

Floating music icons

Postby HPM2BP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Hello!

Sorry that I didn't have time to look up exactly the rules, I'm really in a hurry.
I'm creating a promotion material, and I've been asked to add extra effects, one of which is floating note icons coming out from the radio and disappearing. Could anyone please help me out with this problem? I've been looking around for a while, but no luck yet.

Basically I need to have a source point from which several pictures come out in different angles, rotating and fading out in a relatively small time.

Thank you very much in advance for your help, and for your patience!
Peter
HPM2BP

operating_system: Windows 7 Professional
System_Drive: C
32bit or 64bit: 64 Bit
ram: 32 GB
Video Card: NVidia Quadro
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: FHD
Corel programs: VS Pro X7

Re: Floating music icons

Postby asik1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:14 pm

You have many overlay tracks for this
Place your "icons" there and use custom motion to "float" them around.
But...
If you in a harry, you better look for animation clip with those notes floating and key it over.
asik1

motherboard: H170M-E D3
processor: i5-6600
ram: 8gb
Video Card: ENGT430
Corel programs: X9.2

Postby BrianCee » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Hello Peter

Relatively easy to do - but of course depends on your skill and knowledge of video editing

I am just going to give you the basic requirements and procedures - if you want me to elaborate or expand on any step please come back and ask specific questions and I will explain further

1) obtain some images of the musical notes - if you do not have any to hand "Google images >> musical notes" will provide a good selection

2) from those prepare some individual images - size is not important as you can resize in VideoStudio - around 500 pixels square would be a good start - I personally would do that by putting the note on a transparent background but if that is not an option for you ensure a plain background so that you can Chroma-key out the background

3) open your project in VideoStudio and add some overlay tracks - number depending on how many notes you want onscreen at the same time - once a note has gone offscreen you can use that track again

4) put the note pictures in individual overlay tracks - dotted along at the timing you want the notes to appear

5) start at the first one - RIGHT click on it and from the pop-up choose "Customise Motion"

6) a module as per my image below will open - across the middle is a timeline where you need to add a number (depending on motion complexity) of "Key Frames" - at each key frame use the numbers below to set size/position/rotation/opacity as required - presumably you will position the first at the point you want the note to appear and then wiggling across screen before fading

7) if you want all notes to follow the same path then you can use the 'save to' at the bottom of the module to save the path to the path library - - accessible from the path icon at the bottom of the 7 down the middle of the screen in the editing screen - then just drag that path onto eack image in the overlay tracks - OR - carefully copy down the figures at each keyframe and add them to a different note and maybe modify just a few to make the note follow a slightly different path

should be job done - but if you want to experiment with the customise motion there are a number of objects in the library - accessed from the flower icon in the editing screen - put anyone of them in an overlay track and try customise motion on it to see how it all works

but please feel free to return and ask further questions

Customise motion.PNG
My VideoStudio demo videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBrianCee
BrianCee

operating_system: Windows 10
ram: 8GB
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 4TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: HP
Corel programs: VS X4,X5,X6,X7,X8, X9, X10

Postby HPM2BP » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Thank you all very much for your answers!
On moday I'll give it a try once I get back to work.
HPM2BP

ram: 32 GB
Video Card: NVidia Quadro
Hard_Drive_Capacity: 2 TB
Monitor/Display Make & Model: FHD
Corel programs: VS Pro X7

Return to VideoStudio